What are the worst band names ever?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I always thought RAPED was a terrible name.:wtf:..even for a 70s punk band.They later emerged in the early 80s with a change of image [glam] and a more softer name change THE CUDDLY TOYS

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to mentioned one: Deicide - it means to kill God or something like that, which isn't cool at all.

I like the name Deicide as well as the music but can understand why people may have a distaste for it, same with the band name Dying Fetus.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wonder if I`m the only one who`s been put off a band because of a crappy choice of name...:think:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I doubt it. I could never listen to a band called Bowling for Soup or Puddle of Mudd. The Beatles is not a great name, but the band are so good it doesn't matter and is a part of the language in this country. I heard they were more than musically inspired by (Buddy Holly and) The Crickets.

It works both ways, because The Teardrop Explodes is a good band name, but, in my mind, they are bland and uninteresting.

Aero

Reaction score
I doubt it. I could never listen to a band called Bowling for Soup or Puddle of Mudd. The Beatles is not a great name, but the band are so good it doesn't matter and is a part of the language in this country. I heard they were more than musically inspired by (Buddy Holly and) The Crickets.

It works both ways, because The Teardrop Explodes is a good band name, but, in my mind, they are bland and uninteresting.

I agree that The Beatles isn't a great name but it is much more brandable than Teardrop Explodes.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online