What are the worst band names ever?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Heres another atrocious name for a band Los Wankas.....:oyea::wank:.:wtf::heheh: It made me laugh

Attachments

• 10171259_10153942058040394_1442029763_n.jpg
    10171259_10153942058040394_1442029763_n.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 47

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I knew a friend in college who was in a metal band called Kill Your Girlfriend. Their album cover was a picture of a dead rat that's been run over and painted over with the central yellow stripes of the road. :D

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
It's just a pet peeve but I can't stand band names that are just bastardized versions of other artists and people's real names.

Examples:

Joanna Gruesome
Joy Orbison
Wevie Stonder
Bitt Meddler
Buckcherry
Pamela Lansbury (Glee)

Another thing that annoys me is bands that use female imagery in their names but don't bother to include any women in their band. Like Girl Talk for example... there are much better examples but those are bands that go in one ear and out the other so I can't think of them at the moment.

The third thing that really annoys me is bands that use the name of a city, state, or country who have absolutely no connection to that place and aren't from there. Like, what? The twin virtues of being both meaningless and misleading.

Of course, a band with an awful name can still be amazing, and a band with a great name can still suck!

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the band got it's name from a stripper or something like that. *shrug*

You're right, they definitely did. Same difference to me though, it annoys me the same wherever they got it. I mean that singer whose name is "James Morrison" annoys me because it's too close to Jim Morrison, and I think James Morrison is his legitimate birth name, haha. :gig

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of bands recently with ridiculous spelling.....the reason is probably that you are not looking for the band on you tube/Wiki for hours.

CHVRCHES , WAVVES ,VANIISH [Saying that...these 3 bands are pretty good ]

Mind you not a new thing eg DEF LEPPARD, LED ZEPPELIN

Aero

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of bands recently with ridiculous spelling.....the reason is probably that you are not looking for the band on you tube/Wiki for hours.

CHVRCHES , WAVVES ,VANIISH [Saying that...these 3 bands are pretty good ]

Mind you not a new thing eg DEF LEPPARD, LED ZEPPELIN

This is a pet peeve of mine. Seeing "CHVRCHES" actually triggers some kind of bad emotion...like the spelling **** in me wants to come out and write them a ticket.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online

No members online now.