1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walter Trout

Discussion in 'Blues & Jazz' started by aerozep, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

You're right magic he plays the club venues over here too, kind of reminds me of Rory Gallagher those gigs were always jammed to the hilt.

2. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

My boss's husband actually suggested Walter Trout to me a few months because I mentioned how highly I hold Rory's playing.

Walter is a definitely one hell of a player. :grinthumb

3. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

^^:cheers2 Agreed a major talent.:cheers2

4. E-Z

E-Z Cool good looking rock dude

Near the BOSTON pub in Tufnell Park. north London
    Walter Trout is one hardcore blues/rock road dog always somewhere out on the rock & roll highway playing yet another honky tonk club. :omg:

The dude was a guitar in one of John Mayall's many bluesbreaker's line ups in the 1980s until he broke loose and decided to go out as a solo star with his own band.

I bought a live 'double cd' of his about 10-11 years ago and it sounded great BUT the noticeable thing about this recording was all his songs were basically made up of one guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo after another guitar solo...

Get the picture??. :omg:

5. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

A great song from Walter...

He absolutely tears it up in this song. :grinthumb

6. Metal Head Mike

Metal Head Mike Senior Member

Love Walter Trout. Been following this guy for years. Love this track by him. This is one of his newer songs

7. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

Walter Trout - Got A Broken Heart

Very cool tune. I need to find more by this guy. Will definitely be checking out other tracks in this thread

8. Lynch

Walter Trout - Go the Distance

Have listened to two songs by this guy and I love both of them. No recomendation, just happened to stumble upon them on YT. For Google/YT, this is EXACTLY why you should quit bending over to accomodate bazillionaire musicians who hire lawyers to have you pull down their music. If not for running into these FULL and free songs on youtube, I wouldn't be scrambling to find this guy's work that I can purchase in full, which I will definitely be doing!

9. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I love the Troutman. I got introduced to him years ago by a friend from MSN chats. You use to be able to download his stuff from his website for practically nothing (or free). I have seen him perform in Dayton, OH a couple times.

Outstanding musician. One of my favorite blues artists :grinthumb

10. Lynch

I checked on some of his work on Amazon last night and found that if you want to buy the CDs, they are priced anywhere between $13 and $16 (give or take), but you can download almost all of his full albums for $6 each. For that price, I'm willing to possibly give up some sound/mp3 quality to get his work.

I was really blown away by the handful of tracks I listened to last night/early this morning.