Walter Trout

aerozep

Reaction score
Hey,guys....I know it's been a while since you all have heard from me,"life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"---John Lennon---wasn't he great...
Anyway I'm in anew home,alright it's a trailer...it is soooo coool,and the first music I played in my new place was a cd I've never heard before,the new Walter Trout cd,it is great....blues/rock/busy music...
check it out...
talk to you all soon.
Aerozep......PEACE :spit:

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Re: new Walter Trout cd

A friend of mine from Austin, TX turned me on to Walter Trout. Like what I've heard so far. Haven't delved into him fully yet though.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: new Walter Trout cd

:bump:

Oddly, I know who this is!

He plays annually in a Joint in Dayton, OH. I have seen him twice. He is an excellent blues guitarist, but he never wanted to reach stardom or mainstream music. He has been around the blues for many years.

y'all should give him a listen!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Walter Trout played at Derby Flowerpot a few years back and was brilliant, you couldn't move the place was rammed.

Here he is with John Mayall and Coco Montoya another guitar wizard.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Great stuff, Sox!

I have a couple Walter Trout albums:

Common Ground
Go the Distance (walter with the Radicals)

I want The Private Collection, which is Walter Trout with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers :grinthumb

this is a jammer with some great organ work,

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^That keyboard work on "The Best You Got" is awesome Magic, at Derby he came on as The Free Radicals there was no Keyboards just a three piece, himself bass and drums and although they ripped, I like better the overall sound the old Hammond gives to a Blues outfit.

Walter gives the nod to Stevie.:bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Sunny .. Walter took to a young English lad Danny Bryant and here they are jammin' ..

We watched The Danny Bryant Red Eye Band at a blues festival they were great.:cheers2

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Flamin' heck ................... would love to get the chance to see them. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Walter Trout packs the house when he comes to Dayton. You have to get your tickets as soon as they go on sale or you wont get a seat.

What I find amusing about Walter, is he never plays in a big venue, it is always a nightclub........he likes it that way!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.