• Van Halen

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • Adele

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Hrmm. one of the two or three best frontmen in the history of rock + a GAMECHANGING guitar player (also one of my top 5 favorite six string slingers) vs a newcomer that is in a genre I'm not too big of a fan of. The first few songs I heard from Adele kinda made me cringe. she seems to sing from that spot between the middle of her throat and the top/back of her nose. Annoying to me. But she does have a couple of songs that I don't mind. Well, one song before the past week or so when ILJP introduced me to a couple other songs of hers that weren't too bad.

Still, no contest... VH by a bazillion light years.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Adele as a protest vote because the poll is ridiculous. What's next, Cee-lo Green vs. Led Zeppelin?:wtf:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I also don't think it's a fair poll. I like Adele ok..but I like a WHOLE lot of other mellow artists of today much better than her. But in the end, I haven't really been blown away. Adele does have a nice voice but, to my ears, there are MANY modern female singers out there with a similar voice and style.

This has been going on for a while now. DLR, has a more unique identifiable voice from the get go...Eddie you can tell from 50 miles away by his guitar playing..as one can with Alex on drums.

Then there is the longevity and the classic recordings made throughout the years.

I think a better poll for her would be Adele Vs. Lissie or somebody else. I bet then Adele would win due to popularity. :flirt

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I'm thinking that maybe That 70's Guy didn't mean this for this to be a serious poll. My thinking is that he started this because VH and Adele are fighting for that Number 1 spot and is using this poll as more of a discussion. That's my thoughts on it but I've been wrong before, so who knows.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I'm thinking that maybe That 70's Guy didn't mean this for this to be a serious poll. My thinking is that he started this because VH and Adele are fighting for that Number 1 spot and is using this poll as more of a discussion. That's my thoughts on it but I've been wrong before, so who knows.

I agree.

:cheers2

Or should I say *THIS* :heheh:

Isn't that the hip thing to do nowadays. :)

Adele as a protest vote because the poll is ridiculous.

BUT...Adele got 7 votes! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yes it's the Nuber 1 and 2 spots. Congrats to both! :cheers2

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Mybe the next one should be in her own genre? How about Adele vs Duffy? If anyone is worse than that screecher, I have yet to hear it.

(Yes, I know the Adele vs VH poll was meant to be somewhat comical...)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I agree.

:cheers2

Or should I say *THIS* :heheh:

Isn't that the hip thing to do nowadays. :)

BUT...Adele got 7 votes! :heheh:

Yes, but at least 2 of those are protest votes, mine and Cosmic's. Both of us stated so in our posts. And I'll bet that of the remaining 5, at least 3 more are protests as well.:D

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Yes, but at least 2 of those are protest votes, mine and Cosmic's. Both of us stated so in our posts. And I'll bet that of the remaining 5, at least 3 more are protests as well.:D

So in reality, it's a VH landside! :hb:

Now I can lay my head on my pillow easier tonight knowing this! :heheh:

This is serious stuff! :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online