• Van Halen

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • Adele

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Mybe the next one should be in her own genre? How about Adele vs Duffy? If anyone is worse than that screecher, I have yet to hear it.

Hahaha yes!! Duffy is an artist that even I cannot love. I thought auto-tune existed to make people not sing off key, but I guess some cases are just too far gone to fix all the way.

As far as Adele V Van Halen goes, I like Van Halen a lot more. But if we're talking Adele's best album VS Halen's 3rd or 4th best (the new one), I'll take Adele.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Hrmm. one of the two or three best frontmen in the history of rock + a GAMECHANGING guitar player (also one of my top 5 favorite six string slingers) vs a newcomer that is in a genre I'm not too big of a fan of. The first few songs I heard from Adele kinda made me cringe. she seems to sing from that spot between the middle of her throat and the top/back of her nose. Annoying to me. But she does have a couple of songs that I don't mind. Well, one song before the past week or so when ILJP introduced me to a couple other songs of hers that weren't too bad.

Still, no contest... VH by a bazillion light years.

And I appreciate that you gave 'em a fair shot. :grinthumb

Like I said in the Adele thread, I get that she's not everyone's cup of tea (even outside of this thread which is so lopsided it's crazy) but she keeps it simple and focused on her music and talent, and that is undebatable IMO. I was watching a show the night after the Grammys which stated that, after being asked why she always wears black and keeps it simple in terms of her appearance, she said it's because she doesn't want her image to overshadow her music and talent, and for those things to define her, and that is very admirable. She's an excellent alternative to the Gagas and Nicki's that people heavily criticize modern music for. :cheers2

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So in reality, it's a VH landside! :hb:

Now I can lay my head on my pillow easier tonight knowing this! :heheh:

This is serious stuff! :)

Was gonna ask what did you think of the new Van Halen album?

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Black is also a thinning color, and Adele already catches a ton of flack about her weight. Very dark colors will hide it a little more and help keep the focus on her voice.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Was gonna ask what did you think of the new Van Halen album?

To be completely honest...I haven't hear it yet...

not even a note. :uh:

I'm hopeful it's good....but I'm skeptical.

Might pick it up this weekend...

I could sample it online....but I want to hear the whole album, at once....

How about you....you hear it yet?...and if so - do you like it?

And to be even more honest, I'm in the ''if it doesn't have Michael Anthony on it, some of the chemistry might be missing'' camp....that's why I'm kind of skeptical.

Also, I wanna hear if Dave and Eddie still have it?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be completely honest...I haven't hear it yet...

not even a note. :uh:

I'm hopeful it's good....but I'm skeptical.

Might pick it up this weekend...

I could sample it online....but I want to hear the whole album, at once....

How about you....you hear it yet?...and if so - do you like it?

And to be even more honest, I'm in the ''if it doesn't have Michael Anthony on it, some of the chemistry might be missing'' camp....that's why I'm kind of skeptical.

Also, I wanna hear if Dave and Eddie still have it?

On my first listen I didn't think much of the album but Ill say it grows on you each listen after it. I think Dave and Eddie still have it. There are elements on the album that still kinda bug me like the intro to Honeybabysweetiedoll that song overall to me wasn't great. Tattoo was a grower too. Ill be honest and say don't expect it to be anything awesome first listen, may require 2-3 listens to get into it. :)

Eddies guitar work though Ill say is as fantastic as it always has been. DLR vocals on songs like Stay Frosty, Outta Space, Shes The Woman were pretty damn good.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Eddies guitar work though Ill say is as fantastic as it always has been.

Well, that's encouraging to hear....

And yeah, I have to hear any new album 2-3 times before I form an opinion, also.

But then again, there's always that album that knocks your socks off from the very first listen...like Wolfmother's two albums did for me. That's some sick shit, imo.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, that's encouraging to hear....

And yeah, I have to hear any new album 2-3 times before I form an opinion, also.

But then again, there's always that album that knocks your socks off from the very first listen...like Wolfmother's two albums did for me. That's some sick shit, imo.

This album did hit well the first time for several people here so I guess it is an album that for me is worth the purchase, just took me personally another listen to realise this albums goodness.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online