Reaction score
Re: Uriah Heep

Couldn't help myself I had to post this track it's ace ... "Blind Eye"

Just does it for me ... :bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Just bought the 25th anniversary "Equator" cd. I watched Heep at Sheffield on that tour and was blown away, must say it doesn't seem that long ago.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I really need to check these guys out, just because right now I have a negative point of view on them. Let me explain.

To me, Uriah Heep feels a lot like the Grateful Dead, Misfits and the Pixies. All of them are bands I hear about constantly but can't name anything of importance from their catalogs and wouldn't recognize any of their work if I had a gun to my head.

mystic fred

Reaction score

Heep are something of an institution in the UK and have a very strong following, here's one of their typically British songs... :D

Travelin' Man

Reaction score

The first concert that I ever attended was KISS in 1976 on their Destroyer tour. The warm-up band that night was Uriah Heep. So while KISS was the first band I ever went to see live, Heep was the first band that I actually saw live.

I didn't have a clue as to who they were (gimme a break, I was only 12!), but I did by the end of the show. Without trying to be terribly cliché, Stealin' and Easy Livin' got my attention. Stealin' remains a favorite to this day, even if the rancher doesn't approve. :tongue:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Been giving it some spin quite a bit lately, great albumIMO.
The first album without Ken Hensley and what a space to fill but they did ok I reckon.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I love the cover art on that one Sox,,,but haven't played it enough to get a feel for it yet.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ You know how it is LG there are albums you don't play for ages then when you dig them out again, it's like you can't get enough. Yeah the cover is ace.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I like the cover, got a tobacco tin with the design on, they did this album around the time they topped Reading Festival I think, when the festival was a rock festival that is. Great album and a great return to form in some ways. Heep being one of my fave bands to say the lease:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online