Uriah Heep (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Uriah Heep

Hey nice to see you EB, Dave, Flip and Sox, join MP and myself in here.:D

Flip haven't had the chance to see them live, so I'll just have to enjoy the CD's I'm afraid.

Sox you and Bucky are gonna have to get together and compare notes about concerts you've seen...:grinthumb

Dave here is the list of my Heep collection:

Magician's Birthday
Demons & Wizards
Abominog
Live
Look At Yourself
Salisbury
Sweet Freedom
Very 'Eavy...Very 'Umble
Conquest
Fallen Angel
Firefly
High & Mighty
Innocent Victim
Return To Fantasy
Head First

EB, as long as you have One album that's a good thing.

Great song MP as usual.:rock:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

One 0f the best bands around today, I have seen them many times. I even went to see them in London with all the old members on stage with them. That was a very good night, they played all the classics, the latest album is very good, first track is back to the old days!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You and Sox and Tray make me envious a little Sweaty you have all seen some of my favorite bands multiple times and that Heep concert with all the original members on stage must have been Brilliant.:cheers:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

It was, I used to subscribe to the Heep's web site and went to see them do an acoustic set in London to celebrate 30 years in rock, Ian Anderson cam on stage and presented them with a disc for record sales of Sonic Origami and he played flute for them most of the night, met all the band afterwards for beers. When I saw then with all the members, Thijs van Leer played flute for them, was a very good night.

I did see them in Amsterdam once and also with Stray and Nazareth for £12, now that was good value. Sorry if I make you jealous!!!!

Rocker440

Reaction score

I also have been waiting for this thread! I'm not sure where to begin with this exceptional band, as Uriah Heep is both one of my favorite bands and for many years ongoing! :tup:

Uriah Heep is a very unique band in numerous, cool ways, imo! Although some of the bands' earlier releases aren't quite as popular as the more widely known albums (i.e. Demons and Wizards, Look at Yourself, Underworld) I believe this band is very versital, more so with the different styles, beats and songwriting featured throughout the bands career! I've enjoyed their music almost from the beginning.

"Gypsy" was the first song that I remember hearing from their first album, which if I remember correctly had one title and artwork for the other parts of the world release and different for the US released edition.

200px-VeryEavyVeryUmble.jpg
Very 'eavy....Very 'umble

200px-UriahHeepAlbum.jpg
Uriah Heep (US)

Although the band had various personal changes throughout the years, I've felt that each album has been both excellent, solid and also has songs for varying musical tastes, too. With some blues style, slower ballads, somber style songwriting (perhaps not to some peoples liking) and excellent uptempo rocker songs on each album. There were many interesting things, music and combinations ongoing within this band. The early 1970's were great for many bands, Uriah Heep was and continues to be a very interesting, prolific solid band that continues to add great music and performances to this day! :)

I will be back to this thread both often and as much as possible! :)

Last edited:

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

I liked them well enough to have two of their albums back when I was in college (Demons and Wizards and The Magician's Birthday), but for some reason I lost interest in them in later years. In fact, I don't listen much to that kind of music any more at all. I guess my tastes have changed over the years. Songs with lyrics like "Sweet Lorraine, let the party carry on" don't exactly speak to me anymore. I'm more of a Nat Cole "Sweet Lorraine" kind of guy now, for better or worse. ;)

If I still had those LPs I'd probably give them a spin again after reading this thread, but I don't, so I can't. ;)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Uriah Heep - great 70's hard rock.

Favorite albums:

Look At Yourself (My Favorite Uriah Heep album)
Demons and Wizards
Very 'eavy...Very 'umble

Uriah Heep have one of the coolest album covers ever. The ''Look At Yourself'' album used to come with a mirror on it, so you can ''Look At Yourself"! :D

ok, it wasn't an actual mirror, but it was a reflective material, but you get the point. :heheh:

Look At Yourself

I Wanna Be Free

All Of My Life

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Wow...is that you in here Craig? I know your taste has mellowed over the years but it's good to know you used to enjoy the old Heep back in the day.

Nice to see Rocker440 and GM show up too, we have a good group of fans of this often overlooked band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online