Uriah Heep (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
UriahHeepLogoGIF.gif

Uriah Heep, a melodic heavy metal band formed in 1969, they never quite achieved the success of bands like Sabbath and Purple, but were among the best of the early hard rock/metal bands. Far more successful overseas than in North America, they did release some very good records over their long and distinguished career. My older brother bought one of their albums when it came out, but I never paid much attention to it at the time. A few months ago I picked up a copy of Magician's Birthday and was really surprised how much I liked the Heep. Then I got Demon's & Wizards next and have added quite a few other Remastered CD's to the collection.

They are still active and remain popular in Europe and Russia especially. Recently after visitng their homepage I found out they are touring the U.S. in 2010, truly one of the most resilient bands that just keep on going and going and...you get the picture.

The current line-up.

UriahHeepBandPicturesGIF.gif

The Title song off the album I started with:

UriahHeepAlbumCoverGIF.gif

Any other fans of the old Heep in the house?​

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Uriah Heep

Hell yeah!!! I've been WAITING for this!!!!

Uriah Heep may not be metal to some,maybe progressive to others,maybe just a simple 70's hard rock band....they are all of the above to me!!!

Hail to one of the best early metal KINGS!!!!

:oy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Figures you would be the first to stop by MP...:D

For some reason they just never got the attention like Sabbath and Purple, but I consider them one of the prototype hard rock/early metal bands myself. Even though Mick Box is the Only member left of the original band, at least I think he is.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Of course I'd be in here!!! :grinthumb

I won't hog it all as it's in the early stages yet...but here's another favorite of mine to wet the whistle.

Bird of Prey

Reaction score

underworld.jpg
I have underworld on Vinyl, I don't listen to it a lot or I burn out on it, but I like a small heep of songs from them:tongue:

Definitely the same Sabbath type early heavy sound, umm.. I don't have much more to say about them:heheh:
Not a bad band, not my favorite, they are pretty cool.... Underworld was one of the first vinyls I bought.....

captain ron

Reaction score

got to hand it mick box !!! he has carried the banner. when many others would have folded camp years ago !!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree Captain Ron, and he is still loving the whole music scene.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Uriah Heep typified the sound of an early 70's rock band to me. Love the sound of bands like them, Golden Earring and Humble Pie. Nice write-up on them too, LG. I'll have to check out their disco graphy and maybe add them to my collection. I remember as a kid hearing music blaring out of the open windows at some people's houses by bands that sounded so damn cool, but you never really knew who was playing. Maybe I can pass that emotion on to some of the kids around my neighborhood when I'm out working in the yard and have the stereo cranked up. Or maybe just to tick-off the dog walkers. :D

Last edited:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I saw them in the fall of '09 and they put on an EXcellent show. Played lots of songs off their excellent recent album + very awesome versions of the classics. Mr. Box and their 'new' singer excelled.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

What a class act I saw these when I was sixteen they pulled out all the stops, Mick Box was fantastic.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online