Uriah Heep (Official Thread)

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Missed this thread .....I always liked Heep....have the first 9 lps...after that they ran out of steam for me. On Lawton ,,,I actually like the first 2 Lucifers Friend lps as much as Heep. The later Lucifer Friend lps were just ok.
I recall a Rolling Stone review that called Uriah Heep ..'a mutant version of Deep Purple with David Byron being a strident singer who got the music he deserved.' :p
But I liked all the early ones. :grinthumb

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
There's a good few Heepers on here... I caught the bug from my two older Brothers - something about Kerslake..... made me sit up and listen.
Interesting observation @Nai Noswad. For me the inverse is true. I always thought Lee was the weak link in the band. Gary Thain was a brilliant bassist and I felt that he carried the rythm section. (And I'm an absolute Heep fan!).
For me the earlier drummer Ollie Olson (he went on to drum for Elton John), and Russell Gilbrook were the best drummers the band had.

Last edited:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Missed this thread .....I always liked Heep....have the first 9 lps...after that they ran out of steam for me. On Lawton ,,,I actually like the first 2 Lucifers Friend lps as much as Heep. The later Lucifer Friend lps were just ok.
I recall a Rolling Stone review that called Uriah Heep ..'a mutant version of Deep Purple with David Byron being a strident singer who got the music he deserved.' :p
But I liked all the early ones. :grinthumb
Coming from Rolling Stone magazine I wouldn't give that comment any weight. They never did an honest review if the band were not from America.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online