U. F. O. (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Was Schenker playing with them? The last time I saw them was in the mid 90s, Schenker and the rest put on one hell of a show. It was a small club and we were right up in the front. It was freakin awesome.

A few years later they came back to another small club but had some 80s cheezer on guitar. I had no interest in seeing that.

I've seen them live three times, in 1995, after they put out Walk On Water w/
Michael Schenker, in 2004, w/ Vinnie Moore after the release of You Are Here, and again tonight w/ Vinnie Moore. And although I prefer them w/ Schenker for obvious reasons, Vinnie can thrown down with anyone and is technically probably the better guitarist of the two.

He is definitely without a doubt VASTLY superior to their original guitarist.

I've also seen MSG 4 times as well.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Walk On Water was the best reunion album ever made, by anyone. The original tracks, not to mention the two 1995 remakes.

As far as the cover art for Force It, was the U.S the only place they faded out the the two people, or did they do that everywhere?

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Walk on Water is deleted. Record companies are so ****ing stupid sometimes.

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
I have recently discovered the majesty of UFO. I do prefer their psychedelic/space rock vibe over the first two albums but also have thoroughly enjoyed Phenomenon and Lights Out. I have yet to work through their full discog but so far I have been disappointed by Force It with it's decent yet somehow stripped back lead guitar work, also with the addition of Danny Peyronel I thought No Heavy Petting was terrible. It was like they changed their whole sound an arrangements to accomodate having a full time keyboard player.

Of course Schenker's work is largely flawless but I still think Mick Bolton doesn't get enough praise for his bluesy drops on the first 2 albums.

Shall be getting into "Obsession" this weekend.

Fave track

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I owe so much to UFO. Michael Schenker influenced me to play Guitar. But I enjoy all there music. Here's one of my favourites from the new album Seven Deadly. But I really enjoy Vinnie Moore as the Guitar player

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online