Tygers of Pan Tang (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Logo.png

Official Website

Tygers of Pan Tang are a heavy metal band, formed in 1978 and originating from Whitley Bay, England. They are a notable band of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement. The band is named after the pets of the Wizards of Pan Tang - an elite group of chaos-worshipping warriors from Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melniboné stories.

Discography:

Wild Cat 1980
Spellbound 1981
Crazy Nights 1981
The Cage 1982
The Wreck-age 1985
Burning in the Shade 1987
Mystical 2001
Noises from the Cathouse 2003
Animal Instinct 2008
Ambush 2012

Tygers-Of-Pantang-Wild-Cat---Fame-569374.jpg

Tygers-Of-Pantang-Spellbound-440446.jpg

Tygers-Of-Pantang-Crazy-Nights-440440.jpg

The+Cage+28155.jpg

Scan10200.jpg
tygers-of-pan-tang.jpg
Tygers-Of-Pantang-Wild-Cat-466443.jpg

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
There wasn't a Tygers of Pan Tang thread yet?? I'm surprised. Good band. Saw them at a festival in the early 80's. Oh those memories......

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good band and great to see them finally get their own thread on CRF !! You beat me to it Nolo...
I have always had a soft spot for TYGERS OF PANTANG buying their Ist 4 Albums on vinyl in the heyday of the NWOBHM .
My personal fave is the debut where the songs are heavier with some grrrrrreat raw [ roar ] riffs . The second one is pretty class too Deverill replacing Jess Cox showing a great range in vocal style.
Hmmmm "Crazy nights" was a big dissapointment...the production on the album was pretty flat which let them down .I will have to dig this one out and give it another listen.
"The Cage " was and still is a great album...a lot more commercial than the others with a brilliant cover "Love potion no 9" in which the band will always be remembered for.
TYGERS OF PANTANG are still playing the circuit and according to our good friends Sweaty and Sox who have both seen them at festivals are still a force to be reckoned with.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I listened to Wild Cat on vinyl yesterday, fantastic album! Great riffs and nice Rickenbacker tone. Love it! :D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great thread, was surprised to see there wasn't a thread, love this band, have seen them a few times and they do rock out for sure. I will be looking out for their next tour:)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Nice one Nolo I caught them at Buxton a couple of years ago and it was great to see Robb Weir up there. They put on a killer show.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Keeping me alive / speed

Just checked out some of the later material from Tygers of Pantang and I have got to say Im impressed:grinthumb. Taken from their last album "Ambush"[ 2012 ]
These guys are sounding as fresh as ever....liking the vocals of Jacopo Meille who has been with the band since 2004

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online