Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
piper_1967.jpg

cover_2349197102008.jpg

album-thin-lizzy.jpg

3377_velvet383.jpg

gguerra

Reaction score
Some of the entries are fine but on some I guess we kind of lost the point of the thread.. Thread was titled "Top" Debut albums, not just any debut albums. Maybe the thread should have read "Critically Acclaimed" debut albums. I guess Critically Acclaimed would be a matter of concensus.. :):)

Here is another example
TomPettyDebutCover.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Barnstorm - Joe Walsh. His excellent debut solo album after splitting from the James Gang.

Attachments

• Barnstorm.jpg
    Barnstorm.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 83

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
This was Bryan Adams second album. His first was "You Want It You Got It". It had a few minor hits like Fits Ya Good, Lonely Nights, and Tonight. Cuts Like A Knife was really where he broke out big time though.
I stand corrected. I remember "Lonely Nights" was a pretty big hit on the radio. Never knew it was Bryan Adams, though. iTunes here I come. Again.

In retrospect, here's another top debut album:

montrose.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Some of the entries are fine but on some I guess we kind of lost the point of the thread.. Thread was titled "Top" Debut albums, not just any debut albums. Maybe the thread should have read "Critically Acclaimed" debut albums. I guess Critically Acclaimed would be a matter of concensus..

I think that "critically acclaimed" is something that's in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure you've seen a movie or listened to an album that was "critically acclaimed" and thought afterwards "wow, what a piece of crap!"

in short, one man's "gem" is another man's "turd" (and vice-versa). That being said, I think that this thread is going fine. It's all about opinions anyway, right?
:cheers:

taha

Reaction score
I'd say that Montrose LP is as good as it gets, their follow up wasn't so bad either.....

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
Here's one of my all time favorite "Sizzling" debut records.

rvxf1l.jpg

I must agree! Where debut albums are concerned VH is my all time favorite. I'd heard them on the radio before I ever really knew who they were (to be honest, I thought Van Halen was a person - like Van Morrison) and when I finally heard the album at a friend's house (and recognized the songs I'd heard on the radio) I became an instant fan.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online