Top 5-10 Albums You Love That Were Disliked

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
It did get negative heat from a lot of people. Yeah the albums received crossover success but from traditional Metallica fans it did get a lot of negative heat. Calls of sellout came from those two albums as retarded as that is on their part. Just because an album sold well does not mean it can't attract a lot of bad heat either. :)
Yeah, well they cut their hair, got older and cleaned up a little bit, perhaps even their music but so what? At least at that point of their career Metallica still kicked a$s and didn't change over to a whole new Genre just to sell more Albums or become more popular like many others do. They may have been a slight "sellout" to Metal but they didn't curse the Genre and become a Rap or Techno group, so I'm cool with all of that. I just can't say that they were a pathetic, "sellout" band at that time and I've loved their music long after those 2 Albums. The only problem is that ever since Jason Newsted left Metallica has sucked! Period!:wank:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Vol4 - Black Sabbath

Yeah, the production leaves a little to be desired but the songs...

One of my favorite Sabbath albums.
That is their best Album (at least in my opinion) next to "Master Of Reality." Anybody that claims to like Black Sabbath should own both of those Albums and give them some well deserved damn credit already!:pullhair:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, well they cut their hair, got older and cleaned up a little bit, perhaps even their music but so what? At least at that point of their career Metallica still kicked a$s and didn't change over to a whole new Genre just to sell more Albums or become more popular like many others do. They may have been a slight "sellout" to Metal but they didn't curse the Genre and become a Rap or Techno group, so I'm cool with all of that. I just can't say that they were a pathetic, "sellout" band at that time and I've loved their music long after those 2 Albums. The only problem is that ever since Jason Newsted left Metallica has sucked! Period!:wank:

I don't really agree that Metallica suck, Death Magnetic was a pretty good album. St Anger was horrible though.
I don't think they have ever been a sellout. Bands who do changes they want to do I don't see as selling out unless they were only doing it for commercial and money making purposes but even then who the **** wouldn't do it if it made them that kind of money?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
1. Black Sabbath - Born Again (love it to bits!)
2. Saxon - Destiny
3. Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
4. Led Zeppelin - CODA (less than love)
5... can't think of anything...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Completely forgot about Born Again that is a great album.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
I don't really agree that Metallica suck, Death Magnetic was a pretty good album. St Anger was horrible though.
Let's get things straight here. I didn't ever say that Metallica sucked in my post(s), I said that most of their recent Albums have sucked and/or been less than stellar, ya know?:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's get things straight here. I didn't ever say that Metallica sucked in my post(s), I said that most of their recent Albums have sucked and/or been less than stellar, ya know?:grinthumb

I know that's what you said, that was the point I was referring to. :tongue:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
"Zep III" - Some it seems were/are indifferent at best, I love it.
Thin Lizzy "Thunder And Lightning" - I've heard many moan about this one, I really like it and I'm still kicking myself for not going to see them on that tour.
Yes "Tormato" - It gets knocked but I rate it.
ACDC "Fly On The Wall" - Got a bit of stick over the years, not from me though.
Black Sabbath "13" It's had some folk groaning, I really like it.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I've seen loads of negative comments re Metallica's Reload, mostly from Metallica fans of old who think it's absolute shit on a stick. This Metallica fan of old (me) loves Reload and Load, and also Death Magnetic, not keen on St Anger at all but I don't hate it.

Apart from those albums, what springs to mind right now is Judas Priest's Ram It Down, it generally seems to be regarded as mediocre but I love it and think it's very underrated. Same with Zeitgeist by The Smashing Pumpkins, it's one of my favourite albums by them but I always seem to see it get slated by Pumpkin fans.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to throw Led Zeppelin In Through The Outdoor in here too. This album copped a lot of flack from many fans but its actually one of my favourite albums from them. Bit of an out there sound and in some tunes borders on a country sound but I like it a lot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online