ZZ TOP: 'That Little Ol' Band From Texas' Documentary To Be Released On DVD, Blu Ray And Digitally

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Not unexpectedly, none of my local theaters ever showed this, so, I've been eagerly awaiting this announcement!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band From Texas", which will be released via Eagle Rock Entertainment on DVD, Blu-ray and digitally on February 28, 2020.

Produced by the award-winning Banger Films ("Super Duper Alice Cooper"; Peabody/international Emmy award-winning Netflix series "Hip-Hop Evolution"), "ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band From Texas", presented through the unique Banger Films lens, delivers the story of this power trio in an artistic style that complements the distinctive ZZ TOP vibe. Originally premiered at a sold-out showing at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood earlier this year, the film experienced a successful 10-week theatrical run via 150 screens nationally.

It unveils the story of three teenage blues musicians: guitarist Billy F Gibbons, bassist Dusty Hill, and drummer Frank Beard, as they went on to become international sensations. The film traces ZZ TOP's rich legacy, from their bar gig beginnings to their defining MTV era and meteoric rise to fame. In addition to interviews with the band members, the disc features conversations with such high-profile fans as Billy Bob Thornton and Joshua Homme (QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE), as well as never-before-seen archival footage. Shot exclusively for this film, an intimate ZZ TOP performance at the historic Gruene Hall — the oldest dance hall in Texas — is intercut throughout the documentary.

Alongside the film, the DVD and Blu-ray also includes two live performance segments. 18 minutes of the Gruene Hall performance, along with the Ham Estate Archive, which spotlights rare pre-"Eliminator" ZZ TOP concert footage from 1976 and 1981, complete the set.

"I think even our most steadfast fans will find themselves surprised by what they learn about those men behind the beards and cheap sunglasses," Gibbons said of "That Little Ol' Band From Texas". "There we are, up there on the silver screen and it's something we're delighted to share with fans of all stripes."

zztopbandfromtexas.jpg

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I go through this gap in time where I get into different bands, but I'm right back listening to lot of ZZ Top lately.
I have big respect for this band! And allot of respect for Billy Gibbon's guitar work.

I had a friend who drove limo and ZZ Top would come to town to play. He got to drive them around. One night Billy wanted to go up in the foothills at night to look at the city lights. My friend and Billy Gibbons. Man!! I wish I could have been there that night.

I'll look for this to come out and watch it for sure..

gguerra

Reaction score
Just saw it yesterday on netflix. It brought back a lot of memories for me as a kid. My first album was Fandango when it came out. Then I bought the first three albums. This was before they hit it big in the early 80's.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebell

Staff online

Members online