Top 5-10 Albums You Love That Were Disliked

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are plenty of albums out there that get a lot of negative heat but which of those whether it be 5 or 10 do you actually really like?

Some off the top of my head.
1. Risk by Megadeth
2. Reload by Metallica
3. Cold Lake by Celtic Frost
4. Hold Your Fire by Rush (not so much hated but was not liked by many)
5. Stomp 442 by Anthrax
6. The X Factor by Iron Maiden
7. The Ritual by Testament to an extent.
8. Jugulator by Judas Priest
9. Ummagumma by Pink Floyd
10. Fly On The Wall by AC/DC

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I actually like:

Reload - Metallica
The X Factor - Iron Maiden
Ummagumma - Pink Floyd
Fly On The Wall - AC/DC

Khor1255

Reaction score
Ummagumma is a great album. I admit it has a huge amount of fluff on it but the version of Astronomie Domine that kicks off the album is one of my favorite Pink Floyd tunes and The Narrow Way and Grantchester Meadows are more than enough to make it a must have for my collection. I've bought the things probably 5 times over the years and that is a lot for me. I have to have it handy or my collection doesn't feel up to speed.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think The Final Cut deserves more criticism than Ummagumma personally. I also like Division Bell when I know plenty don't.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
There are plenty of albums out there that get a lot of negative heat but which of those whether it be 5 or 10 do you actually really like?

2. Reload by Metallica
"ReLoad" was actually quite well received and even debuted at #1 for cryin' out loud!:grinthumbSongs like "The Memory Remains", "Devil's Dance", "Fuel" & "The Unforgiven II" were and still are very popular Metallica tunes. It got a lot of credit & I'm shocked that you'd say that it got "negative heat" or was a disappointing Album when other people seem(ed) to like it as much as you. Metallica fans are still into "ReLoad" I believe. Think about it.

Last edited:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
For sake's sake:

1. AEROSMITH - "Done With Mirrors."

2. ALICE COOPER - "Brutal Planet."

3. DAMN YANKEES - "Damn Yankees."

4. DIO - "Strange Highways."

5. DUFFY - "Endlessly."

6. MELISSA ETHERIDGE - "Never Enough."

7. NEIL YOUNG - "On The Beach."

8. NEIL YOUNG - "Ragged Glory."

9. RUSH - "Hold Your Fire."

10. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS - "No. 4."

Give some credit to these great Albums already fellas!:grinthumb

Abraxas

Reaction score
1) At War With The Mystics - The Flaming Lips This album was not very well received by Lips fans but I like it.

2) The Beekeeper - Tori Amos If I remember correctly, a lot of fans didn't care for this record. One complaint, that boggles my mind, is that there are too many songs. WTF?? You can never have too many songs from Tori as far as I'm concerned.

These are the only two I can think of.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"ReLoad" was actually quite well received and even debuted at #1 for cryin' out loud!:grinthumbSongs like "The Memory Remains", "Devil's Dance", "Fuel" & "The Unforgiven II" were and still are very popular Metallica tunes. It got a lot of credit & I'm shocked that you'd say that it got "negative heat" or was a disappointing Album when other people seem(ed) to like it as much as you. Metallica fans are still into "ReLoad" I believe. Think about it.

It did get negative heat from a lot of people. Yeah the albums received crossover success but from traditional Metallica fans it did get a lot of negative heat. Calls of sellout came from those two albums as retarded as that is on their part. Just because an album sold well does not mean it can't attract a lot of bad heat either. :)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Vol4 - Black Sabbath

Yeah, the production leaves a little to be desired but the songs...

One of my favorite Sabbath albums.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vol4 - Black Sabbath

Yeah, the production leaves a little to be desired but the songs...

One of my favorite Sabbath albums.

Yeah that one I think is if anything pretty underrated, compared to albums either side of it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online