Top 100 Classic Rock songs of all time!

Fever

Reaction score
Exactly, Fever. Back in the 70's, I use to listen to a lot of radio, and that is usually how I chose my music............what was being played on the radio.

Of course back then, the album usually contained more than one "good" song, the whole albums were good :)

Today, that isn't always the case. You have one or two hit singles, then the rest of the CD is fluff.

I could name a lot of good songs off albums, but they wouldn't ever make a list like this because they never received much airplay.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I could name a lot of good songs off albums, but they wouldn't ever make a list like this because they never received much airplay.

I agree. Sometimes I wonder what the criteria is for how a song makes the lists. Is it reader response, a panel of music critics, or something else like sales and music charts.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
So far the songs are mainly considered as 'the only best hit', which is useless.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
There are certainly plenty of mainstream hits on the list, but not all of them

I can't remember the last time I heard Black Betty on the radio, and it's one of the hardest rockers on this list so far.

I'm pretty sure I could name at least 5-6 of the top ten.

Fever

Reaction score
Black Betty may not get much airplay now,but in 1977 it was a top 20 song

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
They still play "Black Betty" pretty regularly where I live. It's all a regional thing I suppose.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
the name black betty reminded me of black bird - beatles. For those who dont know its a mostly acoustic song sung by Mcartney, talking about black women in the 40s in england. they had it rougher than any other race/gender combination until the late 50s, when alot of musicians were black women and a few english actors, one of which was friends with charlie chaplan (comedian, actor)
its my fav beatle song, short as it is.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The list is looking a helluva lot like a really cool mixtape for the #1 hits charts.

Getting closer to the top 20....I bet Stairway to Heaven makes it to the top 10 along with Dream On. :tongue:

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Rockin' in the Free World? Really? Out of all the fantastic Neil Young songs out there, they pick Rockin' in the Free World?

That's just downright irresponsible. It's mildly unpredictable, though...I'll give them that.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online