Top 10 Rock And Roll Hall of Fame snubs

Electric_Eli

Reaction score
Seriously Grandmaster Flash is in the Hall of Fame, but they missed all these great groups?

Pappy

Reaction score
We generally think of Hall of Fame's that belong to sports. To get in to those you let your numbers do the talking. It should be no different in the RnR HOF. You'd never see Derek Jeter not elected to the baseball hall cause the voters are Red Sox fans. His numbers say he's worthy so he's worthy. That's what seems is going on. A bunch of people are saying I don't care what this band did, who they influenced. They don't play what I like so they aren't worthy.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Why is a Global Hall of Fame located in, of all places, Cleveland, Ohio ?
I would have thought London, or Los Angeles, or even Atlanta. Who picked Cleveland,Ohio and why ? Even Americans don't want to move there.

Atlanta? Why? Memphis or Detroit would make a LOT more sense than Atlanta. *shrug*

As for why it's in Cleveland, the answer is simple, Cleveland lobbied very hard to have it put there. They shook hands, slapped backs and greased the wheels (ie: greased the wallets) with the right people in the right places. Cleveland is also was the home of the radio disc jockey that reportedly was the first person to coin the phrase "Rock and roll" on the air back in the 1950's.

Wolf

Reaction score
TommyJames/Shondells
Steppenwolf
Moody Blues
Turtles
Paul Revere/Raiders
Canned Heat
Guess Who
I'm not an authority on this stuff, is Herman's Hermits deserving DC5 is in there.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Boston only had about three hits.
AHAHAHA!

EVERY single song on their debut album still gets radio play to this day. Half of the songs on their second album still get radio play to this day. Third Stage had 5 hits (again, half of the album) of which at least 3 were in the Top 20, two in the Top 10 and one was a #1 hit.

Boston's debut album has sold over 25 million copies and is one of the biggest selling albums of all time.

If you agree, name all of their hits.
How about if I DON'T agree...

Name their hits:
More Than A Feeling
Peace of Mind
Long Time
Rock & Roll Band
Smokin'
Don't Look Back
A Man I'll Never Be
Feelin' Satisfied
Amanda
We're Ready
Cool the Engines
Can'tcha Say / Still in Love
Hollyann

KISS was loved by many but does not appeal to me. In 44 years they have sold only 75,000 records. Not even close to the top of the list
75,000 records? Try over 100 MILLION records. Close, but no cigar. 44 years? Try 41. First album came out 41 yrs ago next month. By the way, KISS has more gold albums than any other American recording artist and are second only to the Beatles.

KISS was highly influential in ways I can only assume you don't even comprehend. The list of of bands that have opened for KISS over the years is amazing. The list of artists that have pointed at KISS and said things like "if it wasn't for them, I'd never have picked up a guitar" (or something similar), there are people in the RnR HOF that have cited KISS as influences to them. KISS redefined the stage show unlike no band before or after them. KISS was the first band to start using wireless instruments on stage.

Them not appealing to you isn't a very good reason to keep them out. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are definitely deserving of their admission to the rock hall. Unfortunately the shitstains that run that place still had to **** with the band by only letting in the original 4 members, which is an absolute joke. Grateful Dead and all 13 of their members are in. Every member of the Eagles is in . Every member of the Yardbirds is in. The list goes on... yet they completely had to **** with KISS in only letting in 4 guys that they knew full well didn't get along anymore (but that's another topic entirely).

KISS totally deserves to be there. Boston? I'm not so sure. What they did on those first three albums was incredible. Not sure how overly influential they are in the grand scheme of things. Of course, i'd put in Boston over a good 20 or more artists that are already in.

Metal Health

Reaction score
AHAHAHA!

EVERY single song on their debut album still gets radio play to this day. Half of the songs on their second album still get radio play to this day. Third Stage had 5 hits (again, half of the album) of which at least 3 were in the Top 20, two in the Top 10 and one was a #1 hit.

Boston's debut album has sold over 25 million copies and is one of the biggest selling albums of all time.

How about if I DON'T agree...

Name their hits:
More Than A Feeling
Peace of Mind
Long Time
Rock & Roll Band
Smokin'
Don't Look Back
A Man I'll Never Be
Feelin' Satisfied
Amanda
We're Ready
Cool the Engines
Can'tcha Say / Still in Love
Hollyann

75,000 records? Try over 100 MILLION records. Close, but no cigar. 44 years? Try 41. First album came out 41 yrs ago next month. By the way, KISS has more gold albums than any other American recording artist and are second only to the Beatles.

KISS was highly influential in ways I can only assume you don't even comprehend. The list of of bands that have opened for KISS over the years is amazing. The list of artists that have pointed at KISS and said things like "if it wasn't for them, I'd never have picked up a guitar" (or something similar), there are people in the RnR HOF that have cited KISS as influences to them. KISS redefined the stage show unlike no band before or after them. KISS was the first band to start using wireless instruments on stage.

Them not appealing to you isn't a very good reason to keep them out. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are definitely deserving of their admission to the rock hall. Unfortunately the shitstains that run that place still had to **** with the band by only letting in the original 4 members, which is an absolute joke. Grateful Dead and all 13 of their members are in. Every member of the Eagles is in . Every member of the Yardbirds is in. The list goes on... yet they completely had to **** with KISS in only letting in 4 guys that they knew full well didn't get along anymore (but that's another topic entirely).

KISS totally deserves to be there. Boston? I'm not so sure. What they did on those first three albums was incredible. Not sure how overly influential they are in the grand scheme of things. Of course, i'd put in Boston over a good 20 or more artists that are already in.

Ok, get your point. Still, there are bands who deserve it more. Boston should be in the HOF but there are better bands. These are bands or artists that have not got in and are just as good or better than Boston:

Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Jimmy Buffett
Electric Light Orchestra
Journey
Def Leppard
The Cars
Toto
Yes
Joe Cocker
Cheap Trick
Twisted Sister
Chicago

Some of these are not well known but in my opinion better than Boston.
With KISS, you got me.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Boston only had about three hits. If you agree, name all of their hits. KISS was loved by many but does not appeal to me. In 44 years they have sold only 75,000 records. Not even close to the top of the list

When my I was 13 or 14 my father said to me....."you think you have all the answers? You don't even know the questions."

He was right.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online