Top 10 Rock And Roll Hall of Fame snubs

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I merged Trekki's post with 70's Guy who did one first. Don't want to remove Trekki's post cause two great minds think alike here and we have some cool photos too...okey dokey...carry on.

:grinthumb :cheers2

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
with two Glaring Omissions.

Boston? please! Frampton, not yet.

Substitute both with Yes and Deep Purple. Add in T. Rex for a trifecta. Marc Bolan is still being ripped off and has influenced thousands of musicians.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Re: 10 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame snubs

1. KISS

We're not sure how there can be a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame without these guys considering that they've been through just about every cycle the music biz has to offer. They've got the gimmick, sold the records, had the hits, filled the stadiums, been through drug and alcohol issues, sold out on a merchandising level of which the Elvis estate should be jealous, appeared in a TV movie, faded away and then rode the nostalgia wave back to the top. They are the epitome of rock n' roll.

Alright, not that I don't think that KISS deserves to get in, because they probably do. But, here's what I don't understand, how can people complain about the people running the Hall of Fame being a bunch of corporate whores and then follow up by saying that KISS should get in because their faces are on every kind of product known to man? If anything, all that gimmicky marketing bullshit should be black marks AGAINST their rock 'n roll credibility, not points in their favor. They're the epitome of rock 'n roll because they were in a TV movie? Come on, now.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't see where it says they should get in cause their faces are everywhere. It also says "sold records", "had hits"...

Everything that KISS does/did from the marketing, to the image, to the cool merch (See the Beatles as the Kings here with possibly Grateful Dead a close second) is the icing on the cake...when they came out with the first 6 albums or better it clearly was about the music.

Also throughout their career they have shown ALOT of variety in their music as well as changing overall production from album to album.

Not gonna do a hard sell here....cause KISS is a band you either love or hate....Gene annoys everyone from Paul down to the fans (and me at times)...but I could care less about his life, as I care more about what I toss in the CD player at the end of the day. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
All the bands I think deserve to be in...I could care less if they made it in or not. A few of my favorite bands made it in already like Black Sabbath, and I didn't jump up and down, nor did I tune in to watch.

So I don't sound like a complete downer, I agree with everyone's choices....and yes CN, Maiden and Motorhead are incredible bands with incredible history.

Very deserving. :grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score
Kind of shocked no one has ever mentioned bands like Motorhead or Iron Maiden. I think those two with out question warrant a place in the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame even though I think it is a pile of shit.

Seconded, these guys have done quite a bit for music

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Seconded, these guys have done quite a bit for music

They really have. They both had a huge influence on Thrash Metal, one thrash metal band that was inducted being Metallica. So why wouldn't the two bands that are influential to a band that was inducted be inducted?

I mean also Maiden is probably the biggest metal band around. Even more so then Metallica. They rarely have radio play yet have sold over 100 million records, sell out countless shows, have an iconic band Mascot (Eddie), countless songs that are classic. They are one of the most iconic metal bands around.

Motorhead as well. Highly influential and iconic.

IDK how those two got overlooked.

Radagast

Reaction score
Hof

Many artist deserve a place in the R&R HOF. That debate should and will continue. I am posting here for a different reason.

Why is a Global Hall of Fame located in, of all places, Cleveland, Ohio ?
I would have thought London, or Los Angeles, or even Atlanta. Who picked Cleveland,Ohio and why ? Even Americans don't want to move there.

Does Europe have it's own Branch of the Hall ? :wank:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online