Tom Jones (Official Thread)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
This thread has taken me back. Heh heh. I, too had a mom that never missed Tom Jones.

I must agree, Tom Jones was smooth, for sure. I went to find this song, because it's always been my favorite Tom Jones song, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found not only the song, but also this duet with Cher.

I think my mom used to dress me like Tome Jones for school, only without the sparkles. I'm almost certain I have, like, a 3rd grade class picture and I'm wearing the puffy shirt.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ I don't care who sings that...Jones, Ashford Gardner & Dyke...whatever..

I love Resurrection Shuffle! Good tune!!! :cheers2

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Tom Jones has a new album out and if it is anything like his previous efforts it will be amazing, I will be buying the special edition with extra tracks:)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Earlier this year Tom Jones put out a new album called "Spirit In The Room".

1337399484_500.jpg

As is the case with a lot of singers who reach a certain age they do a lot of cover songs (probably with Johnny Cash being the most notable) and Tom Jones is no exception. However he's been a largely interpretive artist for most of his career anyway so it's not really that far off from his normal track. There are a lot of really great covers on this song that range from Paul Simon to Paul McCartney to Tom Waits. My personal favorite though is Leonard Cohen's "Tower of Song". It's gorgeous. :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well Tom is back with a new album, will pick this up shortly, he still has a fine voice and is as important in music as he ever was.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I'd always known about Tom, but I bought his greatest hits album after I saw this and realized how much I liked him.

Tom Jones-It's Not Unusual (Mars Attacks)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.