Tom Jones (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
21-45-tom-jones500.jpg

Tom Jones Official Website
Tom Jones Studio Discography
Tom Jones Youtube Channel

If I'm not mistaken we don't have a thread for Tom Jones and I feel like it's my job to do something about that. :D

For those of you who don't know Sir Tom Jones is a Welsh singer who rose to fame in the mid 60's and has indescribably success over his nearly 50 year career.
His first hit and perhaps signature song was "It's Not Unusual", which features a then unknown Elton John on piano. This is one of Tom's many song to be used in movies and television and is probably best remember nowadays for the famous Carlton Dance....:D

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif

In addition to "It's Not Unusual" Sir Tom has had numerous hits and is one of the few artists to have hits across his entire, nearly 50 year career. Perhaps what's more impressive though is that he's been able to do so in many difference genres and still be successful including pop, R&B, country, techno, gospel and rock.

Possibly his biggest chart success and one my favorite songs from him "Delilah"

"Kiss" (A Prince cover)

(Look at Tom get his sexy on. He's got some moves for being 50 at the time of this video :D)

Tom is still beloved today and even performed on the Finale of American Idol no more than a month ago with the male contestants singing some of his hits in a medley before he closed it up with the song that started it all. :D
MP Edit: Video removed from Youtube
Even seven decades seasoned Tom still has as stupendous singing voice with loads of power behind it.

Unfortunately, there is a bit more to Tom than just his manly singing voice. Over the years he's had numerous infidelities and these have been highly publicized. One of these instances involves gaining the virginity of a young Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and in the aftermath of another his wife of 50+ years Linda beat the shit out of him. She punched and kicked him until he was heavily bruised and Tom did not fight back at all because he deserved it which really is the classiest thing you can do in that situation so for that I admire him.

But hey, I don't want to close the opening post to this thread with tales of Tom's personal life. So how about I top this thread off with a song we all know? :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Reaction score
Re: The Tom Jones Thread!

Whenever I hear Tom Jones' name I think of my uncle Pete who always ends up singing Delilah at family functions when he has had a few too many bevvies :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

That's a bad ass picture in the OP!! You know what a GREAT live CD/Album is?? Right here!!

Tom-Jones-Live-At-Las-Vegas-246313.jpg

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score

It was Mr Woodward's birthday yesterday, 71 .... :grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Takin from a comment on you tube!!:heheh:
VVVVVVVVVVVV
Gorgeous! And to think I had never heard of this song before I saw "Edward Scissorhands!"
oldiesfan52 2 years ago 30

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

That's a bad ass picture in the OP!! You know what a GREAT live CD/Album is?? Right here!!

Tom-Jones-Live-At-Las-Vegas-246313.jpg

I've not heard that album at all but just looking at the set list I think I like the idea of Tom Jones doing a few Beatles covers. :D

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Tom is awesome..he doesn't take himself too seriously and will cover almost anything. Check this out.

MP Edit: Video removed from Youtube

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

When I was really young I would watch the Tom Jones show.. I thought he had some of the coolest dance moves.. I went to a few church dances and tried to mimic his moves..:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have a greatest hits CD, it's all the Tom Jones I need.

My Mom was a huge fan of his, she went to see him live whenever he toured close to where we lived.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online