Tom Jones (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: The Tom Jones Thread!

^^:heheh: I have heard it said by many girls that a man on the dance floor proves his moves by how he would be in bed..
So.... Tom looks like he's a FREAK!!:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I had the damnedest time try to track down this thread because it got move from the "Everything Else" section somewhere along the line. :heheh:

Sir Tom Jones was just released from the hospital after a several day stay from severe dehydration, which was originally suspected to be heart problems (Tom is 71 after all).

"A big thank-you to all for your concern—your messages and wishes have been very thoughtful," Jones told fans in a message.

You can read more here: Tom Jones Released From Hospital After Health Scare - E! Online

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
That was quite the spectacle. :heheh: They don't have performances like that anymore. Now they're too busy being obsessed with sex and shock appeal to put on a nice, classic performance like Mr. Jones.

I heard Tom's version of "My Way" today and I can't say that it's better than Sinatra's but I can and will say that it's better than Elvis'*****. Tom has such a huge voice.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
That was quite the spectacle. :heheh: They don't have performances like that anymore. Now they're too busy being obsessed with sex and shock appeal to put on a nice, classic performance like Mr. Jones.

I heard Tom's version of "My Way" today and I can't say that it's better than Sinatra's but I can and will say that it's better than Elvis'*****. Tom has such a huge voice.

:grinthumbAgree..:grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
As I told you a while back Harmony, I read 'Dream Girls' by Mary Wilson about her time as a Surpreme ..

Apparently , Mary had a long redhot affair with Mr .Jones..

She states he was a very generous kind lover and a loyal friend. ..:flirt

I think that the race issue was one thing he overlooked completely..and his issue was his marriage..not wanting to hurt his family etc..

Anyway it's interesting the dynamics of the 60's and 70's swingers:heheh:

Heres' a cool taste of Mary and Tom

Attachments

• tom jones mary.jpg
    tom jones mary.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 24
  • tom_jones_party71_r.jpg
    tom_jones_party71_r.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
For those of doubt Tom Jones' rock and roll credentials I just have four words for you This-Is-Tom-Jones. Tom's Golden Globe nominated show covered just about everyone who was anyone in music from '69 to '71. Here a few examples...

(This performance in particular is really really good)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^^^ :heheh: Pretty good impersonation.. Still like his Dylan and Freddie the most!!:cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
As I told you a while back Harmony, I read 'Dream Girls' by Mary Wilson about her time as a Surpreme ..

Apparently, Mary had a long redhot affair with Mr .Jones..

She states he was a very generous kind lover and a loyal friend. ..:flirt

I think that the race issue was one thing he overlooked completely..and his issue was his marriage..not wanting to hurt his family etc..

Anyway it's interesting the dynamics of the 60's and 70's swingers:heheh:

Heres' a cool taste of Mary and Tom

Jones was a true ladies man back in the day and I too was aware of his fling with Wells. They make a good looking couple. Only one had a bigger impact on the female throng as a solo performer and that was Elvis. Coincidentally, the two are close friends from what I read.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online