Third Eye Blind (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official "Third Eye Blind" Thread

Was listening to Motorcycle Drive By today :phones:

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Pretty influenced by these guys. I love the conept of having poppy melodies wth dark lyrcis. I carried that sytyle into a lot of my songwriting

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Pretty influenced by these guys. I love the conept of having poppy melodies wth dark lyrcis. I carried that sytyle into a lot of my songwriting

After hearing your material I definitely see the connection and that's a good combo to be influenced by Greg! :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

I great example of the poppy melodies mixed with dark subject matter is in the song " Semi Charmed Kinda Life," That song is their biggest commerical hit with one of the catchiest guitar riffs ever, but the song is about being on meth on.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

So.... you don't like them? Naa I get the picture. And you'd never noticed the listhp?

Not so much! I think he's not a very dynamic vocalist but a good enough songwriter to hide his flaws which possibly explains why I never noticed! :heheh:

Fisha

Reaction score

Yeh, honestly all the material I've heard by them could have been performed better by All American Rejects or Blink or a pop punk band (I know that 3EB aren't really pop punk but I feel their music lends itself towards that style)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online