Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

Wow, I'd go see that. It's not really Lizzy without Phil, but it's good to see Scott and Brian keeping the flag flying.

It's better with Phil but a good band regardless. I've heard some call them a cover band without Phil. I wouldn't go that far. But Phil's presence is deeply missed.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I read that Thin Lizzy today is really a tribute band. I think it's okay to call them a tribute band. The music is being played live for people to enjoy, and it's all good. But really, Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott is like Jethro Tull without Ian Anderson, or Yes without Jon Anderson, or Grand Funk without Mark Farner.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You nailed that one Vic, there is nothing wrong with bands playing the music we all love, and if some of the original artists are part of it that is fine as well. But I feel they should change the name a little, something like..."Thin Lizzy II", and add something like "Dedicated to the memory of Phil Lynott and all our fans who supported us for all these years."

Vic2010

Reaction score

But I feel they should change the name a little, something like..."Thin Lizzy II", and add something like "Dedicated to the memory of Phil Lynott and all our fans who supported us for all these years."

Yeah, I agree. Or just call it Thin Lizzy Tribute featuring Scott Gorham and Brian Downey. The title doesn't have to be that long of course, but there's gotta be something that indicates it's a tribute.

Vic2010

Reaction score

There's a song by Thin Lizzy called "Song For Jimi" that I've always loved. I heard when I was borrowing a the boxset "Vagabonds, Warriors, etc." I've come to learn now that it was recorded in 1980 with Eric Bell on guitar. Cool song. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find that song besides the boxset. Or maybe somewhere were I can download it? thanx!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^The only place I saw it listed was through Filetube...and you would have to pay to download it, I don't even know the bit-rate...sorry Vic that's the best I can do.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Yeah, I agree. Or just call it Thin Lizzy Tribute featuring Scott Gorham and Brian Downey. The title doesn't have to be that long of course, but there's gotta be something that indicates it's a tribute.

Just do "Thin Lizzy Featuring Gorham/Downey".

Or "Gorham & Downey's Thin Lizzy"

After all, John Kay's Steppenwolf has been pretty effective for that band. It lets the fans know what they are going to get and provides NO illusions whatsoever that it will be an original Steppenwolf lineup (Kay is the only original).

Otherwise you could do "The New Thin Lizzy."

No matter what, concert promoters are going to want the name Thin Lizzy in there. Otherwise promoters won't be interested.

Rocker440

Reaction score

There's a song by Thin Lizzy called "Song For Jimi" that I've always loved. I heard when I was borrowing a the boxset "Vagabonds, Warriors, etc." I've come to learn now that it was recorded in 1980 with Eric Bell on guitar. Cool song. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find that song besides the boxset. Or maybe somewhere were I can download it? thanx!

Vic, I believe that song is also on Vol. 1 of the "The Man And His Music" series, as seen here....

The Man and His Music Vol 1 The Early Years by Phil Lynott @ ARTISTdirect.com - Shop, Listen, Download

:cheers:

Vic2010

Reaction score

No matter what, concert promoters are going to want the name Thin Lizzy in there. Otherwise promoters won't be interested.

True. They're better off just calling it Thin Lizzy. I'd think most fans would know it's really a tribute. I know I read something somewhere once where John Sykes said they'd never record any new music as Thin Lizzy or words to that effect. I guess as long as Scott Gorham and Brian Downey are involved it should be Thin Lizzy.

Vic2010

Reaction score

Vic, I believe that song is also on Vol. 1 of the "The Man And His Music" series, as seen here....

The Man and His Music Vol 1 The Early Years by Phil Lynott @ ARTISTdirect.com - Shop, Listen, Download

:cheers:

Thank you Rocker. I'll give that link a looksee. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online