The Yardbirds (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: The Yardbirds

:bmp1:

Here's a cool vid I found awhile back. Not too sure what the details are on it. Some movie the Yardbirds were in around '66 (most likely) before Beck left and Jimmy took over lead. I don't get why the audience is so zombie-like in the video. I'd be rawkin'! I love Keith Relf too. So sad how he left the world. He was a troubled soul.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

:bmp1:

Here's a cool vid I found awhile back. Not too sure what the details are on it. Some movie the Yardbirds were in around '66 (most likely) before Beck left and Jimmy took over lead. I don't get why the audience is so zombie-like in the video. I'd be rawkin'! I love Keith Relf too. So sad how he left the world. He was a troubled soul.

Keith Relf seems to be forgotten about, he deserves more praise.

That clip is from the Michelangelo Antonioni's Blow-Up. Cool thriller/mystery.

blow_up.jpg

Edit: Looks like rtbuck mentioned this above in this thread as well...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Did some restoration to the 'ol Yardbirds thread here...as well as merge the lobely Keith Relf memorial into it. :grinthumb

aerozep3207

Reaction score
As a kid I was into the Beatles,the Stones,the Animals,Herman's Hermits,Sam the Sham..............but when I first listened to the Yardbirds I knew this was something way different and they moved me up the music ladder of appreciation.

Keith Relf's harmonica playing was a big part of their sound and the group played fantastic bluesy rock while pop music was still big on the radio.

If you never heard their stuff,give it a listen and you will see what I'm talking about.

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :oyea:

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
I don't see these videos posted on this thread. Love that harmonica.

The Yardbirds - I'm a Man

The Yardbirds - Smokestack Lightning

Last edited:

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Like a lot of my friends in the early-mid 60s I was a fan of the "British Invasion" bands.
Early on, I started hearing some heavier, harder sounding music that I really liked from bands like the Yardbirds.
In junior high school three of my favorite songs were:
"I'm A Man" - Yardbirds
"Gloria" - Them
"Psychotic Reaction" - Count Five

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I also saw them a couple years ago at B.B. Kings club in New York and they were fantastic...it was just great to hear those classic songs performed live. Original members Jim McCarthy (drums) and Chris D. (rhythm guitar) had a great line up with them and when they broke into "I'm Confused" the place went crazy.
When the word was they were releasing a new album I said oh no don't spoil my great memories of them,but "Birdland" sounds like it could have been released after "Little Games".

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :rolleyes:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
For some reason this song popped into my head the other day, guess you could say I've grown to like this song over time. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.