The Worst Musical Decade?

The Worst Musically Talented Decade. Choose one.

• The 1950's

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • The 1960's

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The 1970's

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • The 1980's

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • The 1990's

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • The 2000's

Votes: 82 51.6%

• Total voters

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the 2000's have been the worst for me. There are still really good bands emerging all the time, but generally it all seems to be about shifting units. How I long for the magical 60's and 70's before music became business.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I'm sure Sooty was just kidding and playing along. I really don't think he was rolling his eyes at you. :gig

I think you are absolutely right, now that I looked at it again. Thanks. :) It's just so hard to "read" things sometimes on the Internet. :uh:

Sorry Sooty. :(

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Yeah it is hard to tell sometimes on the internet if somebody is kidding or not, especially when they don't use any smileys... but as is evident here, even with smileys sometimes it becomes difficult to figure out if somebody is serious or not.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Yeah it is hard to tell sometimes on the internet if somebody is kidding or not, especially when they don't use any smileys... but as is evident here, even with smileys sometimes it becomes difficult to figure out if somebody is serious or not.

I just Googled music of the 1870s, which was the decade he teased about hating, and Dvorak came up. When he said he was a sell-out and doing things for cash, I didn't know if he was joking because I just picked Dvorak because his name came up. I don't know anything about Dvorak.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Dvorak is a Czech composer that first made a name for himself adapting Slavonic folk music to symphony. He first gained real popularity in England but went on to adapt a lot of Negro music from the US to symphony while adding his own touches.

He remains one of my favorite composers ever. It is extremely dramatic and full of varying tones and dynamic interplay..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online