The Who???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have a ton of respect for the Who, and they were innovators when they played live, many things we take for granted at concerts were pioneered by the Who, I remember John Entwhistle commenting that Pete and Keith kept adding more and more amps so he just kept doing the same so people could "Hear" his bass when they played...:rock:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
The Who introduced me to classic rock. I was 15 when I first heard them, and the song was Pinball Wizard. I loved the quick paced, infectious guitar so much that I instantly stole my brother's greatest hits album of theirs. Ever since, I've been a massive fan of the Who, and I was gradually influenced into more and more classic rock bands, and here I am now!

It's impossible to name one favourite song, so I'll make a list of inseperables:

Pure & Easy
Bargain
Pinball Wizard
Sister Disco
Love, Reign O'er Me
I Can't Explain
The Seeker
Won't Get Fooled Again
5'15

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Who's Next

One of my favourite songs from The Who which gets overlooked a lot is "Behind Blue Eyes", probably because "We Won't Get Fooled Again" is the following track! :wtf:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Zoose said:
I read that Tommy was the result of a bad ride PT had on a nasty designer drug called MDA and that he didn't hold it to be his best work.

On the other hand Quadrophenia has timeless work like Love Reign Over Me.

Interesting! I'm not one of those who argues that the "mind expanding" qualities of drugs make for better or more imaginative art/music, but I still prefer "Tommy". In fact, I think "Quadrophenia" is boring compared to "Tommy".

Salmacis said:
The Who introduced me to classic rock. I was 15 when I first heard them, and the song was Pinball Wizard.

Not a bad start to be sure!

:****:

Last edited:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Okay, okay, I know people are gonna tell me that I'm missing so much by not listening to "Quadrophenia", though because I picked up their "Tommy" album so long ago and haven't really got anything else since, I've kinda been happy with sticking to "Tommy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online