The Who (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The New Official Who Thread

I agree DZ, I like the hard rock era the best myself.

Nice post Magic, that's such a great album cover...:heheh:

Reaction score

EB...at least you like a couple of albums and assorted songs. similar to me and your hero TP...:heheh:

One of these days you will come around LG, someone will fix you somewhere along the way:tongue::heheh:

yeah, I just don't connect with a lot of their music, and it just is.. hmm... I don't have a good word for it.. I like Daltrey's voice, but I don't like what he sings, I like Townsend's guitar sound, but I don't like what he plays(or sings when he does) :confused::cheers:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Lord Grendel said:
I am not a big fan of the early Who though....

I'm more of a fan of the early Who than the late Who. I'll take this first group of six Who singles from the 1965-69 period:

I Can't Explain
I'm a Boy
Happy Jack
Pictures of Lilly
Magic Bus
Pinball Wizard

Over this later group of six Who singles from the 1972-1981 period every time:

Join Together
The Real Me
Squeeze Box
Who Are You?
Long Live Rock
You Better You Bet

:drums:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Considering I rank them as my second favourite band, I should probably get off my ass and pick up more than one album (Endless Wire) and a greatest hits compilation :tongue: I like almost every song on there though, but for some reason I can't get into the trio of Happy Jack, I'm A Boy and Call Me Lightning :dunno: All the rest that I have are awesome tunes though!

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

I'm more of a fan of the early Who than the late Who. I'll take this first group of six Who singles from the 1965-69 period:

I Can't Explain
I'm a Boy
Happy Jack
Pictures of Lilly
Magic Bus
Pinball Wizard

Over this later group of six Who singles from the 1972-1981 period every time:

Join Together
The Real Me
Squeeze Box
Who Are You?
Long Live Rock
You Better You Bet

:drums:

now that i think about it, i would too :heheh:

i really like the who, especially the deluxe edition of Live at Leeds, thats probably my favorite release by them

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

Considering I rank them as my second favourite band, I should probably get off my ass and pick up more than one album (Endless Wire) and a greatest hits compilation :tongue: I like almost every song on there though, but for some reason I can't get into the trio of Happy Jack, I'm A Boy and Call Me Lightning :dunno: All the rest that I have are awesome tunes though!

pstttt, get Live at Leeds :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Always is eberg, especially considering most are up and coming bands, that aren't big enough yet to have any download links, and I can't afford to buy many albums, especially currently :( I shouldn't have too much trouble with The Who I expect though!

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Yes, great OP Lord Grendel :grinthumb

and thank you!

The Who deserves the ''royal treatment''.

One of the GREATEST Rock Bands ever...

One of the best, if not the best, drummers, bassists, guitarists and vocalist ensemble in one band!!

The Who are in my personal Top 5 Rock Bands of all-time...

I'll certainly be back to this thread...

Long Live Rock & Long Live The Who!

Awesome OP :clap:

I am a big Who fan. For those of you who remember the tragedy in Cincinnati in 1979, well I know about this first hand. I was there. It was the most horrific event I have ever been to.

Magic, maybe one day, if you're up to it and want to share that? - I'm sure many of us Who fans would be interested in hearing your personal experience. If not? - I fully understand.

Such a sad and tragic event that happened, on a night that was supposed to be a night of fun and music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online