The Wait Is Over!! New Boston album!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
This story from melodicrock.com indicates some tracks will have Brad's vocals.

BREAKING NEWS FROM TOM SCHOLZ' BASEMENT:
More than 10 years in the making, Boston's new studio album, Life, Love & Hope is ready for release!
Finally emerging from his Hideaway Studio II, Tom Scholz says, "These are songs from the heart, each of them taking many months of effort to write, arrange, perform and record, always up to the demands of Boston's harshest critic, me. They have all been meticulously recorded to analogue tape on the same machines and equipment used for Boston's hits for the past 35 years."

Available on December 3 on Frontiers Records, this album includes lead vocals from Brad Delp, Tommy DeCarlo, Kimberley Dahme, David Victor, and Tom Scholz, and features tracks with the classic Boston sound, as well as the latest in the evolution of Scholz' musical artistry.
"I intentionally stayed close to the early Boston style on some of the songs, even using the same amps and instruments; on others I let my imagination run wild," says Tom.
All the tracks have the characteristic Boston trademark guitars, harmonies, and immaculately-crafted sound. Tom worked very hard to fulfill the expectations of BOSTON fans new and old, and has created a diverse yet cohesive album that truly has something for everyone.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This thread led me to try to think of bands that have succeeded wthout key members: Mott made Drive On without Ralphs and Hunter, The Who created Who Are You? after the death of Keith Moon, Black Sabbath recruited Dio for Heaven and Hell, Pink Floyd the Division Bell without Roger Waters, and . . . ? On the other hand Floyd failed after sacking Rick Wright, Deep Purple could not recapture the old magic when Ritchie Blackmore decided to join the fairies at the bottom of his garden, Led Zeppelin folded after Bonham died, and Uriah Heep could not recapture former glories in the absence of both Byron and Hensley. Patched together recordings rarely work consistently, if judged by posthumous Jimi Hendrix and Queen albums. On this basis, Boston possibly have a 50/50 chance, but I was disappointed by everything after Don't Look Back, despite the talent involved. It is a sad fact that Brad Delp was an exceptional and irreplaceable singer and now he is gone. In any case, the cracks were beginning to show long before he passed.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^I'll download the cover art but will pass on the contents, Boston is not the band I really liked without Delp's vocals, his voice was the signature of the band.

Yeah it looks like Brad's voice is going to be on the new album

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like Brad's voice is going to be on the new album

A few tracks with Brad on lead vocals isn't enough to interest me in this record.

I agree with Martin, "Don't Look Back" was the last top shelf Boston album anyway and Tom Scholz for all his intelligence and creative genius is so eccentric I don't really care to collect anything he releases as "Boston" anymore.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
This thread led me to try to think of bands that have succeeded wthout key members: Mott made Drive On without Ralphs and Hunter, The Who created Who Are You? after the death of Keith Moon, Black Sabbath recruited Dio for Heaven and Hell, Pink Floyd the Division Bell without Roger Waters, and . . . ? On the other hand Floyd failed after sacking Rick Wright, Deep Purple could not recapture the old magic when Ritchie Blackmore decided to join the fairies at the bottom of his garden, Led Zeppelin folded after Bonham died, and Uriah Heep could not recapture former glories in the absence of both Byron and Hensley. Patched together recordings rarely work consistently, if judged by posthumous Jimi Hendrix and Queen albums. On this basis, Boston possibly have a 50/50 chance, but I was disappointed by everything after Don't Look Back, despite the talent involved. It is a sad fact that Brad Delp was an exceptional and irreplaceable singer and now he is gone. In any case, the cracks were beginning to show long before he passed.

Actually, "Who Are You" was the last Who studio album with Moon. "Face Dances" and "It's Hard" were made with Kenny Jones, Moon's replacement.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Do those that don't want to get it really think it's not going to be any good??

Better question...those that don't want to get it, are you still checking it out (listening online or what not).

I already get LG's point....you haven't been very happy with Tom in the press for a while now, since I can remember.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I have not heard the new album. I think Fran Cosmo is a very good singer, but from Walk On the albums do not match the first two. In fairness to Scholtz and Cosmo, I did not care much for the RTZ albums either. Scholtz and Delp had chemistry and brought out the best in each other, like Gillan and Blackmore or Townshend and Daltrey.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
To be fair here.....I don't think the first two albums will ever be matched

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online