The Velvet Underground (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Velvet Underground?

From what I heard most of "Lulu" was recorded in one take and with very little rehearsing so....it's makes sense.

The female vocals on "Murder Mystery" are from Maureen Tucker, the band's drummer. She also has the lead vocals on the closer to that album, "After Hours". Another song where she has lead vocals is one that's become one of the band's most known song recently because of it's use in the opening for the movie Juno, "I'm Sticking With You"...

I've always really liked Maureen's voice. It's so sweet and delightful. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I love her voice too, this is why I am glad I decided to check out this band.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'm glad you're enjoying them so much. I've been in a very VU sort of mood tonight. I spun "White Light/White Heat" on my drive home from work and then "The Velvet Underground & Nico" while I was eating diner. One song that really is standing out for me is "The Gift" from the former album...

I really like how vivid John Cale's storytelling is.

Clash0

Reaction score
Like this band so much.

Two of the most trippiest psychedelic classics ever !! :bow:. I was fortunate to have seen Nico do a solo set at a festival many years ago....

Two amazing classics. These with Sunday Morning are my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kickstart

Reaction score
what can i say, i bought the velvet underground´s gold compilation album a year or two ago and just fell in love with them as well as,
very recently, with lou reeds solostuff (especially transformer)
here is a video about my second favourite girl :D

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Along with "Nico",their 1969 self titled effort is among my favorites.Especially "The Murder Mystery",the cerebrally challenging avant garde piece.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
popsike.com - VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO 1966 Acetate LP ANDY WARHOL - auction details

Velvet Underground Acetate 1966 - all tomorrow's parties.wmv

Velvet Underground & Nico - Unripened: The Norman Dolph Acetate - 05 - Heroin

Velvet Underground & Nico - Unripened: The Norman Dolph Acetate - 06 - Femme Fatale

Velvet Underground & Nico - Unripened: The Norman Dolph Acetate - 08 - I'm Waiting

Velvet Underground & Nico - Unripened: The Norman Dolph Acetate - 09 Run Run Run

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Loaded

Never listened a lot of Velvet. Lou's voice bores me. But now I'm enjoying the Loaded album a lot. I wonder what happened to me?????? :)

:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Never listened a lot of Velvet. Lou's voice bores me. But now I'm enjoying the Loaded album a lot. I wonder what happened to me?????? :)

:grinthumb

I find myself wondering that frequently myself, Tony....only in reference to U2. It's amazing what time can to one's ears, huh? :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online