The Strokes (Official Thread)

natealleycat

Reaction score
Re: The Strokes Announce New Album

I've seriously enjoyed all of their album's so far. Even First Impression's of Earth. So yeah, I'll probably enjoy this one too as long as they are doing what they've been doing so far. But really only 10 songs? I suppose that's better than Julian's solo album though, which only had 8 songs.

LivingDead

Fiend For Life
Reaction score

It's funny, I'm listening to the Strokes now and I just came across this thread. That's pretty great news though. I'll most likely be checking into that.

Syd

Reaction score
Re: The Strokes

The new single "Undercover of Darkness" was just released. And I freaking loved it. It's so danceable, but yet it's like an anthem at the same time. Beautiful. I almost cried listening to it for the first time.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

UPDATE!!!

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier guys, but The Strokes have now released their first single from the new album, 'Angles', called 'Under Cover of Darkness', and it is being provided as a free download off of the band's website at The Strokes. For a limited time only, and the cutoff date was now extended to Sunday, February 13th. It's a great song, I loved it a whole lot.

Along with releasing the first single from the new Strokes record, they have also released the cover art of the album for the public to see:
The-Strokes-Angles-Artwork1.jpg

I'm getting more and more excited about the album every day, and can't wait for more tour dates to be released, so I can buy my tickets fast! I just ordered a shirt off of the website, so now I'll look official. :grinthumb

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Recently, the band posted news on their website announcing the follow up single from 'Angles' following 'Under Cover of Darkness'.

The track is called 'You're So Right', and will be released on March 1st as the B-Side of the 'Under Cover of Darkness' 7".

On 2/23, the band announced newly confirmed tour dates on the Julian Casablancas fan page on Facebook:

March 12th The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas, NV
March 17th Auditorium Shores Stage, Lady Bird Lake, SXSW

April 1st Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
April 17th Coachella Festival, Indio, CA

May 7th Jazz Festival, New Orleans.

June 9-12th Bonnaroo Festival, Manchester, TN

July 17th Super Bock, Super Rock Festival, Lisbon, Portugal
July 14-16th Benicassim Festival, Spain

August 13th Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan
August 14th Summer Sonic, Osaka, Japan

More dates soon to come!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Very cool, will definitely be checking this out.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Just recently, "The Strokes News" has released a website where you can listen to the new single from 'Angles' that will be available on the 'Under Cover Of Darkness' 7" called, 'You're So Right'.

P.S. Look in the comments section where people have posted mp3 digital download links for the new song!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online