The Strokes - Is This It (2001)

Reaction score
Is This It-The Strokes-2001

As I sit here listening to the New York based band's jumpy debut, I wonder why the hell this isn't more popular than douche-rockers Nickelback or Theory Of A Deadman???!!!

This is one hell of an album, from it's enticing title track all the way to Take It Or Leave It this album will have you tapping your foot accordingly. Julian Casablanca's distinct vocal sound makes the album all the more enjoyable, and with hooky riffs from Nick Valensi, great performances from the rest of the band this is truly one of the best rock albums of it's time.

Now the fact that they have quite a distinct sound also has a down side. Every song on this album is great, although they also sound quite the same. Don't get me wrong, they aren't repeating themselves at all, but they just have some growing to do which I can see them doing in their other albums (I haven't listened to them yet).

I would absolutely recommend this for anyone who still has hope for rock music, because there is hope... there IS hope.

In anticipation of their new album "Angles" being released March 22, I will be reviewing all 3 of their other albums this week as a triple bill.

Thanks For Reading,

Music Man Reviews

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: Is This It-The Strokes

Yay! The Strokes!
I pretty much love all of their albums, (yes, even Angles), so I can't pick and choose that easily but I'll wing it and give it a 9/10 :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online