The song stuck in your head thread!

JimJam

Reaction score
When I'm driving along and I see a sign for a town or street that reminds me of a song I just burst into song. Once a week I pass a town named Marceline and I can't go by it without singing Chuck Berry's Mabeline, also a local street is called Grindstone Parkway, yet ride along it singing Rhinestone Cowboy.....surely I'm not alone in this :uh:

When you burst into song, do you sing the real song title or substitute with Marceline and Grindstone Parkway? :)

I have the same tendency but not on such a regular basis. I work for a software company and occasionally when I say or think of the word software I connect it with Soft Cell and their song Tainted Love - but only when i'm working.

Also, I work with a woman named Julie, who usually goes by Jules. When I greet her I inevitably think of Hey Jude. But I don't tell her or sing it to her because I know it'll drive her batty.

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
When you burst into song, do you sing the real song title or substitute with Marceline and Grindstone Parkway? :).

I mix it up, keeps it interesting that way. Like you I also relate to people I work with or know through songs and often sing when I'm addressing people, glad I'm not the only one with strange ways :gig

JimJam

Reaction score
I mix it up, keeps it interesting that way. Like you I also relate to people I work with or know through songs and often sing when I'm addressing people, glad I'm not the only one with strange ways :gig

This may be more common than we realize. The key for me is stopping myself from singing or stating the song if I know the person won't want to hear it. Not that I care much but i've been the recipient of many an eye roll. :rolleyes:

JimJam

Reaction score
I have not heard any Turtles songs for a long time but for whatever reason Happy Together, She'd Rather Be With Me and Elenore have all gotten into my head today.
Good songs from my childhood but don't push it, Turtles!

Perhaps the happy Turtles were battling the Neil Young songs from On the Beach I was listening to - not exactly an upper of an album.

JimJam

Reaction score
Go All the Way - The Raspberries

Love this slice of '70s pop-rock. I heard it at a market this morning. :)

JimJam

Reaction score
^^^ Don't know that song but i fear the worst.

But Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' is a good one.

For me it's been No Rain by Blind Melon, another good one.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online