The Runaways (Official Thread)

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
the-runaways-the-runaways-4593979-500-570.jpg

Official Website

Discography

I honestly had no idea who they were until the film was announced. What do you guys think of their music? My current guilty pleasure is Dakota Fanning's version of Cherry Bomb...

Yes it's a silly song, but it's so damn catchy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Thoughts on The Runaways?

The runaways are where Joan Jet Cherry Currie and Lita Ford all got their start.. I love the Runaways.. They got quite a rep for being hard core rocker chicks and had some great songs..
I have their debut and I recommend it..
41Z4JETJR6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I plan on seeing the movie and I hope it does them justice..

Last edited by a moderator:

BeatlesFan

Reaction score

Thumper, are you planning to watch the film?? I really wanna see it just to see Fanning, Shannon, and Stewart's performances. I've read the script, and yes it's very formulaic but I'm still excited for it.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Thumper, are you planning to watch the film?? I really wanna see it just to see Fanning, Shannon, and Stewart's performances. I've read the script, and yes it's very formulaic but I'm still excited for it.

Yes.. Yes.. Yes.. I plan on seeing it.. But probably when it comes out on DVD.. By then I'm sure I'll hear how well it was done..:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'm a bigger fan of Joan's solo career than her work with The Runaways but they are a good band. Quite groundbreaking really for being the first successful, all girl rock band. I've heard about the movie and read about it a bit and while I'm sure I'll see it eventually I'm not in a hurry.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I'm a Joan Jett freak so I'm also a Runaways Freak. I love the connection that Joan, Sandy West, & Lita made with the music. Joan was more into the Glam Rock scene while Lita & Sandy were into Sabbath & Purple & I feel they did well combining their influences together for their sound...especially for being teens. I just got the brand new Joan Jett book last week which is 256 pages but mostly pictures although there is plenty to read. Anyway Joan said that Lita was a huge Blackmore fan & she had the solo for "Highway Star" down note for note & they would always play it during sound checks so they could watch the expressions on the faces of the people as this teenage girl would rip the solo.

I look forward to seeing the movie & after also reading the script I think it should be a decent film. 'Edgeplay' is worth checking out if you haven't seen it although it's kind of dark & sad. Joan wouldn't have anything to do with Edgeplay which hurt the film a bit but the stories from the rest of the members need to be heard if you're a fan.

Cosmic,I'm more of a fan of Joan's solo career too & have seen her live many times. She was probably my 2nd musician crush (Leslie Uggums was my first!) & actually at my wedding a scrap book was passed around for people to sign & one of my friends wrote:
"Bucky after all this time I thought it would be me...Love Joan Jett" LOL!

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

BeatlesFan said:
Yes it's a silly song, but it's so damn catchy.

Keep in mind that you can argue that any rock that isn't a least a bit silly misses the point.

:D :rock:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Cosmic,I'm more of a fan of Joan's solo career too & have seen her live many times. She was probably my 2nd musician crush (Leslie Uggums was my first!) & actually at my wedding a scrap book was passed around for people to sign & one of my friends wrote:
"Bucky after all this time I thought it would be me...Love Joan Jett" LOL!

Haha that is awesome. :lmao:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Because of Bucky's unbridled enthusiasm for Joan Jett, I have picked up one of her albums.:grinthumb