The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
I posted it for you because I never knew that whole thing happened. I didn't know what you were talking about so I looked it up. It is very interesting but also sad. :uh:

Yes I figured you posted this for me! Thanks...I had already seen thus before though. Yes a sad story indeed! She did a great job, but unfortunately, it cost her her baby!!!!

PaulWyman79

Reaction score
Is it true that probably the Stones will release a Deluxe Edition of Sticky Fingers? I hope so. By the way "Wild Horses" is my favorite ballad of the album. What songs would you like to listen on the eventual reissue? However tell me what records do you prefer from the Seventies, Stones lovers.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
well the rolling stones super rock and roll band whom seem to move forward with the music trends and still be a dirty rock and roll band...

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
joker1961-Absolutely the world is without question is falling to pieces.This is one of the reasons I really partially use listening to the Stones as a manner of escape from all the injustices going on all around us.For one thing,how the hell did the youth culture in this country at least go from "All You Need Is Love" to today's increasingly sociopaths in their age bracket who are getting more and more into bullying and using violence to solve relatively small disputes.As far as your comment on the Stones' amazing decades long journey as a gritty rock band,I myself am nearly totally astounded by how much energy they still display in their golden years.They,just as their chief rivals the Beatles,always seem relevant even after all the changes in the music industry since the days of "Satisfaction","Honky Tonk Women" and "Brown Sugar".......................

rtbuck

Reaction score
It's still weird that I never seen them live! I am a Stones freak & have every album & DVD but never seen them live.

Welllll....I've got to say I thought it was very doubtful I would ever see the Stones but my wife went online this morning & got us 2 Club Level seats for the show at Rich Stadium Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo). I really frown upon the prices of concert tickets nowadays and I'm to the point in my life where I'd rather buy a DVD then spend $100 for a concert ticket but the Stones are in my top 3 favorite Bands along with Kiss and Alice Cooper and I've never seen them so I was extremely happy to get tickets! I've seen all of my favorites Kiss(13 times), Alice Cooper(6), Johnny Thunders, Iggy Pop, NY Dolls, Ramones, the Who, The Kinks, Max Webster, Joan Jett (11), AC/DC(3 times w/Bon & twice w/ Brian)... etc. So the Stones are a must! I can't wait! I read a lot of headlines about the high ticket prices for the Stones which sure they are high but actually I expected higher prices. To be on the field is high at $420 but club level was $158 & they had cheaper seats at $88 & $107.

JimJam

Reaction score
Welllll....I've got to say I thought it was very doubtful I would ever see the Stones but my wife went online this morning & got us 2 Club Level seats for the show at Rich Stadium Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo). I really frown upon the prices of concert tickets nowadays and I'm to the point in my life where I'd rather buy a DVD then spend $100 for a concert ticket but the Stones are in my top 3 favorite Bands along with Kiss and Alice Cooper and I've never seen them so I was extremely happy to get tickets! I've seen all of my favorites Kiss(13 times), Alice Cooper(6), Johnny Thunders, Iggy Pop, NY Dolls, Ramones, the Who, The Kinks, Max Webster, Joan Jett (11), AC/DC(3 times w/Bon & twice w/ Brian)... etc. So the Stones are a must! I can't wait! I read a lot of headlines about the high ticket prices for the Stones which sure they are high but actually I expected higher prices. To be on the field is high at $420 but club level was $158 & they had cheaper seats at $88 & $107.

Hope you see a great show! I too have never seen the Stones live and this go-around will be no exception. The prices for the San Diego show are out of my range.

I have heard all or parts of each of their (too) many live albums and cannot say i love any of them. Ya Ya's is my favorite but i still prefer the studio versions.

Hell of a list of your faves that you've seen. Of those you listed, I saw Kiss, Alice, Thunders & the Heartbreakers, Iggy, Ramones (2) and The Kinks (2 or 3, i'm fuzzy). I never saw the NY Dolls but i saw David Johansen a bunch of times in the late '70s/early '80s.

I regret that i never saw The Who. Best chance would've been in '75 but it just did not happen. I could've seen them in '82 or thereabouts at Shea Stadium but after Moon died i wasn't interested.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
not been listening to much well any stones music for ages...wow better putting that right. yes get yer ya yas out sound like a plan...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online