The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Bocephus

Reaction score
I love The Stones but, like David Bowie, i think they have been a spent force musically since the end of the 70's. 1981's Tattoo You was an album that had some great songs on (Start Me Up, Hang Fire, Slave, Little T&A, Neighbours, Worried About You, Waiting On A Friend), however, i remember it being mentioned that a lot of the songs for Tattoo You were written during the Black and Blue sessions in the mid 70's.

They've had some decent songs on albums since but the overall standard of the albums have been mediocre at best imo.

If they were to release a new album i would be one of the first in line to buy it becuase i'm a massive fan of the band who owns all their stuff.

Just my 2 pence.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
The Stones are going to tour next year in celebration of their 50 years rockin' as the Rolling Stones. I know it's a year late of 50 years but they couldn't tour this year - Hey,they're the Stones...they can do that. Anyway,my question is that I heard that Bill Wyman may join them at some point. Can anyone confirm or deny.
THX

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Is Bill Wyman still in good health? I think that has to factor into him showing up even if it's just a few concert appearances.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
2 replys here............
As far as I know Bill Wyman's health has not been an issue that I've heard of,it would be great to have him join the band at least for the Northeast dates....

I think the Biggerbang collection was the best that the Stones have done in years. Also,Dirty Work was indeed a sorry excuse for a Stone's release but my
pick for worse Stone collection of songs was Bridges To Babylon,it had one song that I liked - Out Of Control. Yes their older stuff is by far better than anything released in recent years but they have done some pretty good stuff.
Voo Doo Lounge
Steel Wheels
Biggerbang...............were all very good collections.

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :heheh:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get strung up for this, but I have to say...The Stones are really awful live.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get strung up for this, but I have to say...The Stones are really awful live.

You're right to an extent, though they are a way better band in arenas than they are in those huge 70,000 seater stadiums that they love to play. But I will try to see them next time if it happens, as it will certainly be their final tour, they only tour every 4-5 years, and with the best will in the world there is no way they are going to be able to play when Jagger, Richards and Watts are all pushing 75 years old which they will be in 4-5 years time.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I saw them in our Commonwealth stadium with 70,000 fans and thought they put on a good show. It's impossible to get the intimacy of a small club or even an arena in those massive venues.

What amazed me is that was in the early 90's, the Voodoo Lounge tour I think...or Bablyon....:think:....would have to look it up. Anyway that's coming on 20 years ago and the Stones are still alive and kicking, even though I think they could have retired ages ago and maybe should have I can't take anything away from their passion for making people happy all over the world.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^I have to agree with you LG, I saw them on the Voodoo lounge tour at Don Valley in Sheffield. All I can say is they put on a fantastic show that day.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I too agree, I saw them on the bigger Bang tour and they were superb, runnung about like youngsters, they sure put on a fantastic performance, I think the crowd agreed:cheers:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online