The Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time - April 2010

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
*yawn* Thanks for the list... however the yawn is because it hardly ever seems to change, especially the top spots. For the life of me, I will NEVER understand how LARS by Dylan tops these lists. Then again, I guess that just continues to give me fodder for calling it the most overrated song ever recorded. *shrug*. Nirvana in the top 10 also makes the list even less legit.

It's Rolling Stone, what else did you expect? :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Marvins all over that baby! I'm happy but wait.......

:puke:

I'd rather new music not be represented at all if that's the shit they pick. These critics should pat down the boner they have for Beyonce and realize she's not even the best in here area of music when they make these lists! :bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Because it's the most important, if not the best, rock 'n roll song ever recorded. :D

...:hm:...That's not even my favorite Bob Dylan song. This list would definitely be a lot different in 20 or 30 years as my generation passes on many of the top songs would be demoted I'm sure.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
...:hm:...That's not even my favorite Bob Dylan song. This list would definitely be a lot different in 20 or 30 years as my generation passes on many of the top songs would be demoted I'm sure.

Yeah, I was mostly just joking around. I love Like A Rolling Stone, but there are lots of Dylan songs I like a lot more.

Still, it was one of the most important songs in the development of rock 'n roll as a serious "high brow" art form. It was a game changer, even though there are plenty of better songs out there.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart... :rolleyes: I know it is considered his landmark hit but... Overall, the list is a good mix. Quite a bit of The Fab Four's well known "pop" hits that I don't personally think is their better compositions.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online