The Rifles (UK)

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
The Rifles, a band formed in Chingford, London almost 10 years ago, has been under the radar of most and it's a shame. These guys have it in them to produce some mind-blowing experiences. THe band was formed by Joel Stroker and Lucas Crother who attended Redbridge College together. With both being huge Oasis fans, the connection was immediately visible. Rob Lloyd who is in the band Betamax attended the same college by the way.

the%20rifles1354.jpg

Their first release was a demo of "Peace & Quiet" and to me that was one of the highlights of the year back then. I actually got to know these guys through a friend who tipped them back in 2004 already.

The full album which was named "No Love Lost" was released on 17 July 2004 and got to the 26th place on the UK Charts. On one of their first tours through the country, Paul Weller joined them on stage to perform a song.

Their second album, "Great Escape", was released on 26 January 2009 and marked the emergence of their biggest moment of fame. A week earlier the song "Fall To Sorrow" was released. The best release of the Rifles to me though, was the second EP in 2008. That EP, named "The Rifles EP", included the song "Darling Girl" which blows my mind every time I listen to it... I guess it's the memories of that period in my life (where my son was born).

Now there is a 3rd album, called "Freedom Run". Here you have some songs:

The Rifles - The Dreamer [Audio] - YouTube

The Rifles - Long Walk Back [Audio] - YouTube

The Rifles - Sweetest Thing [Audio] - YouTube