The Most Unique Guitarist Ever?

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Hank Marvin - no one sounds like him. His expressive use of the tremolo arm has made him one of the most distinctive guitarists ever.

Brian May is my hero - thank you Cosmic. Brian was inspired by Hank Marvin.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Hank Marvin - no one sounds like him. His expressive use of the tremolo arm has made him one of the most distinctive guitarists ever.

Good point. Clean forgot about Hank (forgive me, music gods, I meant no sin! :heheh:) but I have a lot of time and respect for him and the Shadows :grinthumb :bow:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
There can not possibly be one artist more unique than everyone else, there are many different kinds of uniquity and many different types of guitarists.

That said, a few who stand out to me from my experiences are Peter Frampton, J Mascis, Carlos Santana, Pete Townshend, John Butler and Mark Knopfler, along with all mentioned above!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm repping once again:

Billy Corgan
billy110.jpg

I don't speak guitar so my defense would be limited but I think the proof is in the sound.

From Wikipedia for the creation of one of my favorite guitar tracks ever:

According to Corgan, the whistling sound heard in "Mayonaise" came from a cheap guitar he bought, which, whenever he stopped playing it, created the whistling sound. This sound was then incorporated into the song.

I read this way back in high school and thought it was awesome for an artist to take advantage of little flaws like that and create something with it. That whistling sound made that song! Anyway, whether it be electric or acoustic Billy has always found new ways to play and create the signature sound. I know James played guitar for the band and was talented but like in Siamese Dream Billy overrode everything for that album guitar parts included so a lot of the ideas were due to him IMO.

I could go on but it would be obnoxious if it isn't already! :tongue:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No explanation need: Jerry Garcia.

9ie59y.jpg

I know for a fact Metal Priest with back me on this! lol.gif wink.gif
:cheers:

I'll back you on it man...:cheers:

Unigue huh?? There are many that I think are great but the word here is unique...I'll have to think and add slowly here and there.

Hmmmmm....

I'll add Bob Mothersbaugh from DEVO

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I'll back you on it man...

Actually, I was just kidding with ya....but it's good to know you got my back anyway! :grinthumb
I'll back you on that :gg:

GS_63750c08e3f080ded74c8509ba3ba7d1.png
nana.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online