The Lovin' Spoonful (Official Thread)

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Re: The Lovin' Spoonful ~ Appreciation Thread

Great thread Flower, I am sure there has been a thread about these but anyway I love this band and have all their albums except "What's Shakin'" which is a compilation with other artists but has some different versions of "Lovin Spoonful'" tracks on and "revelation revolution". One of my favourites is....

Cool video ....

Btw ~ I always do a search before starting a thread .. sometimes either I or the system will mess up but I figure if that happens, on of the mods can merge the two threads ... :)

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I've always loved this band.

When I was a kid, all I knew about John Sebastian was that he sang the theme song for "Welcome Back, Kotter". As I got a little older and discovered the magic of the Lovin' Spoonful, I was quite pleased. I especially love "Summer in the City". The way the lyrics are delivered is just perfect.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

^ one of my favorites, Flower child!
:heheh:

Check out, Darlin' Be Home Soon. It is a beautiful song and also includes the line...."it's okay to shoot the moon".

Darlin' Be Home Soon - another Spoonful favorite of mine.

I'm a big time fan of The Lovin' Spoonful. John Sebastian was among the best songwriters of the 60's and guitarist, Zal Yanovsky was a great guitar player and picker, may he Rest In Peace.

Ok, boys and girls, time to head on down to Coconut Grove, and space out a little on the beach, on a warm summers day....

I Didn't Want to Have to Do It, but here you go, folks...

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

Love the Spoonful, Sebastian and just about every song they recorded. "Darlin' Be Home Soon" is a great song, but whenever I hear the line "Now, a quarter of my life is almost past" I have to chuckle. You know whatever salient observation was going to follow would be coming from a place of real perspective. ;) No offense to any of our younger members, but really.

Another favorite Spoonful tune of mine, here introduced by another familiar face:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online