The Knack Live At World Cafe

Reaction score
The Knack plays at The World Cafe, from 2007:D

It is incredible, They have gotten better with time in my opinion, the show is incredibly live which I am loving, the guitars sound great and the drum sound is so tight, the only thing I'd like is for the bass to be turned up a bit (you can't really hear it), and the vocals are beautiful, The set list started with some of those not often heard tracks of Get The Knack, did a cover of "No Matter What You Are"
the only problem is that it was pretty short...its was barely 40 minutes:heheh:
They finished of with an explosive "My Sharona"... I can not stress enough how great they sounded... they were really tight, and it was nice to see a band together that long with all its original members, still just gigging as the original four guys, not with a horns section or an orchestra or whatever else
I'm very glad I watched this and only wish it could have been longer

here's the set list
-Pop is Dead
-Baby Talks Dirty
-Boys Go Crazy
-Oh Tara
-Just Wait and See
-Good Girls Don't
-Harder On You
-Heartbeat
-It's Not Me
-No Matter What
-Tequila/Break On Through
-Frustrated
-Selfish
-My Sharona

there wasn't any clips from the show up, but 4:03 to 4:20

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Knack HDNET Concert

Great clip and still the original front line up. Bruce Gary (drummer) passed away awhile back,and Doug (singer/songwriter) has brain and lung cancer...I think a total of 22 tumors in the brain??

I have everything by the Knack and I cannot begin to describe how much this aches me. I hope this didn't ruin the thread.

Please show your support all for Doug Fieger in anyway through the Knack Website or Doug's.

Reaction score
Re: The Knack HDNET Concert

Great clip and still the original front line up. Bruce Gary (drummer) passed away awhile back,and Doug (singer/songwriter) has brain and lung cancer...I think a total of 22 tumors in the brain??

I have everything by the Knack and I cannot begin to describe how much this aches me. I hope this didn't ruin the thread.

Please show your support all for Doug Fieger in anyway through the Knack Website or Doug's.

whoops, I was a bit misinformed, I must have read wiki wrong or wikipedia could have been wrong:dunno:

so I'm going to guess he was not performing with tumours and everything?..... didn't the original drummer leave in the early 80s though?

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No you're right....he was playing in 2007 in fact their are interviews. He's gotten bad this past year....soooo sad :wa:

What a great guy!!!

Reaction score
That guy is rock n roll, he seriously summed up what rock n roll is about in one three minute interview, imagine how many bands would still be together or at least have gotten back together if they had the same attitude as him towards music... funny guy too I watched the outtakes from that interview :)

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Oh god, how I love Doug Fieger.

My Knack records are amongst my favourite treasures.

It's gonna hurt a little when he passes. For certain. Let's hope we have a little more time with him on earth. Better yet, let's hope he makes a recovery.

Oh, and.

This is perhaps my most favourite photo of any musical group, ever.

(And yes, I do indeed have a copy of the "Rock Stars in their Underpants" book.)

daboyz.jpg

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that nobody mentioned the passing of Doug Fieger in this thread. Doug was one of our local boys, though he was overshadowed in some aspects by his douchebag brother Jeffery. Many of you may recall Jeffery as the attorney of Jack Kevorkian.
Don't get me wrong now, I'm behind Dr. Death 100%. It's Jeffery Fieger that I can't stand.

Back to the subject at hand...

Doug lost a 6 year battle with cancer on Feb. 14th of this year. And while his passing may have gone relatively unnoticed, his musical legacy will (thankfully) live on for generations.

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
There was actually a few threads about Doug's passing the day it happened.

I was one of the people that was actually greatly upset/moved by this event.

Poor guy.

It's good to know that, Ladyislingering. Being a newb to this site, this was the only Knack thread that I'd run across as of yet. I'm glad to know that Doug was remembered as he deserved to be.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online