1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Downliners Sect

Discussion in '60's Music' started by HaH, Nov 16, 2014.

1. HaH

HaH Junior Member

They were a band who came from the same London R&B scene as The Stones or The Yardbirds.

They had two songs on the Nuggets II album. They were banned by the BBC in 1965, for their sick songs EP, and basically they were a huge influence on Pub Rock and Punk Rock.

Now for a bit of selfish promotion. I did a interview with their frontman Don Craine, tell me what you think about it! and again sorry self-promotion!! But I also think that as fellow Classic Rock fans you might be interested in this. So it isn't totally selfish.

Music Isn't Dead. It just hasn't had CPR yet: The Dowliners Sect - Lost Bands #1 - Don Craine interview

Don't judge me too much.

2. recgord27

recgord27 Walking down a dusty road

Interesting band and interesting interview. I remember hearing them on late night radio in the late 70's but until now had forgotten about them. They did a version of Hang on Sloopy quite different from the Yardbirds if I remember correctly. Thanks for the memories. :grinthumb