The Cat Empire (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Cat Empire

I was listened to the Cat Empire for 2 of the 6 hours I worked today. I think that's a perfectly fine reason for a bump. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

So have I, particularly "Lullaby" and "Sly". It's probably my second favorite right now (behind their self titled album). :D

The key solo on this song is so great. :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

The nectar of the vines may be the curse of me tonight, but fear not because the emphatic music of this monstrosity of musical excellence makes a grand arrival to the sensory receptors of my ears, and gives me the utmost pleasure my brain can possibly handle! :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I read you loud and clear, Sal. :heheh: A stellar song choice for all of that. :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Brand new song! It's only 3 weeks old! With a new album coming soon and maybe even a world tour or at least an Australian tour! Time to get some facts and stop talking in exclamation marks!!!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I listened to this for the first time a couple days ago and I think it's just alright. I can tell it's the Cat Empire but I am hoping for something....a bit better(?) on the rest of the album.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Perhaps what you're looking for is something a bit more live on stage, worse quality and in Adelaide? Because I have found that something :tongue:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I saw the Cat Empire back in July (when I was on hiatus from the forum) and I just needed to relay how amazing they were live. Hands down one of the greatest live shows I have ever been to. I saw them at the Beachland Ballroom, which is luckily my favorite venue in Cleveland, and it was just small enough for a rowdy, intimate show but still big enough to match the size of their stage presence. They played all of the songs I was hoping to see like "The Chariot", "The Wine Song", "Hello", "Sly", "Two Shoes", "The Darkness", and others as well as five songs off of their new album, which was only out for about a week by the time I saw them.
The whole band's vibe was unbelievably positive. They interacted with the crowd so well and played so passionately and with the skill of the most harshly road tested bands. I didn't realize until seeing them live how their songs were written to be played live. They energy of them channeled was unreal.

I got to hold hands with Felix a few time and even got my hands on a set list off the stage as a souvenir.

Listening to the studio versions of the new songs sound a bit tame in comparison to hearing them live (which is how I heard them first) but they're still great songs. This is probably my favorite off of the newest album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online