The Cat Empire (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: The Cat Empire

But they've got their own DJ! Surely that alone must appeal to the young kids! :heheh:

Jumps.jpg

:foshizzle

Fisha

Reaction score

Indie has taken over in Australian schools, sure their is still the RnB and hip hop going around but I'm feeling revoltion. Between indie and aussie hip hop (which is very bareable compared to it's American counterpart) I'm slowly gaining faith in the youth of Australia

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I'm actually enjoying trace amounts of Aussie R&B...heard a Bliss N' Eso song I liked the other day, and I'm discovering some cool indie rappers on rage too :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well it doesn't help that my town is the epitome of teens loving what sucks the most in American music. Seriously, DJ's hate coming to our school system for dances and stuff because of the crap that people request. :rolleyes:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I was singing this song in the shower this morning, complete with nasally high notes and all. :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

That's one of my two favourites from So Many Nights, the other being Panama! I'm going to listen to The Cat Empire now in fact :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"Panama" is good too Sal. "Till The Ocean Takes Us All" is my favorite from that album followed by "Fishies". :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

It's an all round good album, not a bad track in sight! No Longer There and No Mountain are particularly great too :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yes, I agree. It's tied with their debut for my favorite. The title track is also very good. :good

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

It really is impossible to rank their albums against one another, they're all too good! If I were forced my list would probably look like this:

1. So Many Nights
2. Two Shoes
3. Cinema
4. The Cat Empire
5. Cities

There's not much at all separating So Many Nights from Cities though, mainly the amount of listens!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online