Reaction score
Re: The Cat Empire

D:
wtf
why did they do that?

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

:( My ticket got revoked when they changed to an over 18 venue for the Brisbane concert. I almost cried

Holy crap, that sucks dude! I guess you'll just have to catch them the next time...Fortunately (and awesomely) they tour nearly permanantly so you won't have to wait like 2 or 3 years for their next show unlike some other bands.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I finally listened do this band today after hearing Sal sing their praises for months and I've instantly been swept off my fee by their music. They take so many different sorts of sounds and styles I'm already so familiar with and mix them all together to tremendous effect. I love big bands with big sounds and I love ska (jazz and reggae mixed of course) and not since Reel Big Fish have I heard it done so right. :grinthumb

I've been enjoying their debut for the last hour. ^.^

The_Cat_Empire.jpg

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

There's nothing like the force feeding nature of MT to get bands across ;) But that's awesome to hear Harmony, and you'll be happy to know that they only get better from there! :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

There's nothing like the force feeding nature of MT to get bands across ;)

Well I suppose you owed me one after Mewithoutyou. :heheh:

I've never met someone who doesn't like the Cat Empire

I trust me, I could find people without much effort....though all of those people don't know anything about music so..... ;)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Well I suppose you owed me one after Mewithoutyou. :heheh:

I trust me, I could find people without much effort....though all of those people don't know anything about music so..... ;)

Indeed, I can't thank you enough for that introduction :grinthumb

And I also have to admit, I've never heard of anyone really badmouthing The Cat Empire...all the people I know either like them or haven't yet heard of them, at least, not outside of the singles!

Also I'm enjoying their debut right now, and I'm noticing it's got a lot more of Felix's vocals than it does of Harry's. Which is a good thing for me, as I ever so slightly prefer Felix's smooth pipes :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well you two have to keep in my that American youths generally have terrible taste in music. I have a feeling that if you played Cat Empire at my old high school the kids would whine about how they can't dance to it because it's not electronic enough.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online