The Bigger What If....

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
This thread is the biggest what if between Bradely Knowles of Sublime and Kurt Cobain of Nirvana. These two were some of the most influential frontment of the nineties. Both died well before they were through in music as well as life(kurt from suicide and bradely from herion OD). It is likely that if Cobain did not commit suicide he would have Od fro herion and some point. Nevermind sold over 26 million copies worldwide. Sublime's self titled album sold over 5 million copies. Bradely Knowles OD IMO is more depressing because he died a few weeks before the self titled album came out which was the first mainstream album. We can see both of their influence clearly in music today. You have so many singers that try to imitate kurt cobain's voice. Also there are countless of reggaee/rock/hip hop bands out there currently largley in part of listening to a band like sublime. Not to mention Sublime has a tribute band called Bad Fish which is one of the best tribute bands currently playing btw.
Here is a list of questions I'd like you to answer regarding what if they were both still alive today

1. Who would have more longevity in the music industry?
2. Who was more talented?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice thread Greg, I can't answer your questions though seeing I don't know that much about Kurt and literally nothing about Bradley...:dunno:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
1. It's hard to say, both were heroin addicts, but I can't really be sure who was worse. I'd guess Brad would've lasted longer, because I could see Kurt's use increasing more dramatically due to his underlying depression issues (assuming suicide was not on his mind)

2. I think Kurt was more talented, but then again, I have only heard a little of Brad's talent since he died before the band could do any more work with him. I think Kurt was a stronger lyricist and a more charismatic frontman.