The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
On Sunday night, 50 years to the day, CBS had a two and a half hour tribute to The Beatles commemorating their historic first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. It was pretty darned good. If you didn't catch it (or want to catch it again) CBS is re-running the show tomorrow night, February 12th, at 8:30 PM.

I was able to watch the second show last night and I really enjoyed it. From what our local news said, they had to cut some of the original participants /songs. Magical Mystery Tour was one of the songs and supposedly Julian Lennon was cut also. He said that he had no interest in attending a Beatles karaoke session. Joe Walsh really tore it up on My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
A patently absurd response.The concept was to to celebrate the coming to America of an entertainment phenomenon that would eventually alter the course of human cultural history.One Direction is all good and fine,but they belong on the Grammys,SNL,or a daytime talk show like "Today" that has major current musical guest performers.The whole "who cares, One Direction" is way bigger" thing completely undermines the significance of the Beatles first Ed Sullivan appearance a half century ago.And besides,maybe bigger on the current BIllboard charts,but in general historical light of things,One Direction will never be worthy of licking Paul McCartney's boots clean.GIve me a break and get yourself a frigen clue.You are apparently shallow and narrow minded and statements like that should have you banned from this site!

Dang. You're not gonna, like, beat me up and take my lunch money, are ya?

Someone needs a hug.:)

Honestly, there could be a 1 D guy living next door and I wouldn't know it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Ummm..... I'm a newbie but even I could tell that Vehicle was being sarcastic.

Exactly Vehicle was having some fun it's obvious he doesn't take One Direction seriously.

Johnny Too Good, thanks for the background about Simon's creation and I don't doubt he was party responsible for the Beatles comparison just to generate some discussion.

No one who is serious about music would ever give One Direction a second thought, not when it comes to legendary status anyway.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
paul_mccartney_eyes_open.jpg

Paul says.........get this thread back on topic!!!

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
I wanted to post something... Actually I'm often listening to The Beatles, such an amazing band!

I recently bought 2 albums which I know I'd really like, A Hard Day's Night and Magical Mystery Tour... There's some others albums I'd like to have.
I'd like to know why the titles on the disc are wrong? I have the Odeon CDs
It's the real cover (with the real title), but in the CD, for "A Hard Day's Night" it's wrote "A Knight's Hard Day", why?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online