The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know Curt. Do you mean the little booklet that comes with the cd is titled wrong? Or the Printing on the actual CD is wrong?

Maybe it was a Japanese pressing or a bootleg. :dunno:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wanted to post something... Actually I'm often listening to The Beatles, such an amazing band!

I recently bought 2 albums which I know I'd really like, A Hard Day's Night and Magical Mystery Tour... There's some others albums I'd like to have.
I'd like to know why the titles on the disc are wrong? I have the Odeon CDs
It's the real cover (with the real title), but in the CD, for "A Hard Day's Night" it's wrote "A Knight's Hard Day", why?

Never heard of that before, but it sounds like they are bootlegs to me.

There should be a Capitol or Apple trademark on the disc if it's an official release. The early vinyl albums were released on the Parlaphone label.

Are the track lists the same as the Apple CD's?

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
When I checked Odeon disc, it says (on wikipedia) that was a label in France (I'm in Belgium), it's printed and burned in Germany.
There's no CD booklet, just the CD and the CD case (in cardboard). It was only 10€ so I bought them ^^ But when I took a look at the CD I was like "What is this!?" lol

There's all the original tracks, with a lot of bonus tracks/Takes/... For example in the album "With The Beatles" I have Can't Buy Me Love, but in the bonus there's another version, the Beatles sung this song in German too (Well it's not my favorite language, but it doesn't sound bad at all).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It can get confusing, North American releases were different from many European releases over the decades, never quite understood why they did that.

As long as you have the 'core' songs intact that's the main thing, personally I prefer my CD's to be just the original album with no filler, very rarely do I bother with 3 outtakes/rehearsals of a single song.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Starting all the way back from '64,Capitol Records in America had marketing ideas completely diametrically opposed to those who ran the European markets.Capitol's idea was to release shorter albums and leave some songs off LPS for separate single release so as to lenghten the life of the Fabs' most recent recoredings.The answer here,Lord Grendl,is simply the differences between American and European business practices.The politics of capitalism.................

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Makes some sense from a business perspective I suppose but it always bothers me that an album in England could have a different set of songs that what we get here.

It must still work, they release CD's in Japan with a bonus song, then the US gets a different song on their CD.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Because I haven't posted in alongggggg time : Thought I'd start in here :) Happy Winter 2014 !!

Attachments

• beatles.jpg
    beatles.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 1901307_704438432930202_1452118906_n.jpg
    1901307_704438432930202_1452118906_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 25

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
For those of you in the UK, or everybody else, if you are able to get it, The Brian Epstein Story is on right now on BBC4. Seen it before, but it's a great watch. Repeats on through the night if you have missed it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online