The BEATLES (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
A Hard Day'$ Ca$h...

97882_large.jpg

For you Beatle fans... The above is the Criterion release of the film. It is a set of 2 DVDs and 1 Blu Ray. It comes in a nice slipcover with a book. Criterion releases are known for their meticulous restoration and attention to detail both video as well as audio.

For those who have a Barnes & Noble bookstore near you, they are offering all Criterions at 50% off. The price on this is $40 clams so it is now down to half. Sale finishes on 7/28. It is WORTH the price. Got mine last night...really dig it.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
^^I got my copy. "Hard Day's Night" is getting a limited theatrical re-release on July 4th. I'm going to catch it this weekend. I know it's overkill, but I can never pass up the chance to see The Fabs on the big screen.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Question on Jeopardy, which no one knew the answer. What rocker painted these? ( In the category of rock art) :rolleyes:

Yellow Linda With Piano (1988)
Unfinished Symphony (1993)

Attachments

• LindaWithPiano.jpg
    LindaWithPiano.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 38
  • UnfinishedSymphony.jpg
    UnfinishedSymphony.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 38

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Seeing one of the pictures has the name "Linda" in it,I would like to say Paul,but I'm not sure he ever painted and I know John did so I'd say most likely him..................

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
@recgord27 @Hurdy Gurdy Man

Thanks for posting the link. I knew about his painting a long time ago. Hurdy Gurdy Man, at least you took the clues and made a correct guess. The contestants on the gameshow knew the category and were shown the paintings, and they just stood there. They did not guess anything. :uh:

I like the "Long Island brushstroke, East Hampton, 1990." That is where Linda's father and brother lived–On Lily Pond Lane to be exact. :D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
45 Years Ago

Abbey Road

61Qm5y8I0TL._SY355_.jpg

One of the single most important and incredible albums of all time (regardless of artist or genre)! :bow:

Here is a cool little clip (16minutes) of a string of songs from Abbey Road, VOCALS ONLY (well most of the songs are only vocals)

You Never Give Me Your Money/Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard/Polythene Pam/She Came In Through the Bathroom Window/Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End/Her Majesty

I've said for many, many years that the Beatles vocals were the 5th instrument in the band and quite possibly the most important instrument in the band. It's amazing how well their vocals and harmonies were on this album, the last they ever recorded together and at a point when the band was most at odds with each other.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Many have theorized that the Fabs might have continued into the '70's had Brian Epstein had not passed in '67.I tend to disagree here.I belong the the "the Beatles were a thing of the 60's and that's that" school.I strongly believe being a '70's act was simply not in their destiny.I'm a big believer in ethereal things of that nature.And where did I get much of my motivation in this area of philosophy?From the lads from Liverpool themselves.George Harrison in particular had a tremendous influence on my spiritual beliefs.I'm sure there are others here who feel the same way.Harrison was a good man with good intentions......................

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online