The BEATLES (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
this is the one from '93. The only noticeable difference I can hear is this version of the track Help! doesnt have the James Bond-like intro like it does on the vinyl.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
"Can't Do That" was one hell of a B-side(flip of "Can't Buy Me Love").It's a big wonder for me how this one didn't chart any higher than #48.Back then,Billboard was into the practice of charting B-sides if they were popular enough,a method halted in their November 29,1969 issue when they combined "Something",which had been #3 the week before,with "Come Together"(#2 the previous week) to create a double sided number one.You would think "Can't Do That" would have at least struck in the top twenty.One of the Fabs' better pure rock and roll numbers.(Indeed as it was featured on the 1976 compilation "Rock and Roll Music")

dloc

Reaction score
For Christmas I received the new mono vinyl pressings of Rubber Soul and Revolver...can't wait to dive in and listen to these gems!

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
For Christmas I received the new mono vinyl pressings of Rubber Soul and Revolver...can't wait to dive in and listen to these gems!

I got the mono pressing of Revolver too, you definitely won't be disappointed!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
The Beatles were a fab band (no pun intended) I just finished getting all the remastered CD's in stereo, they are beautiful. I never get tired of their music it is timeless. I just need to get the anthology on CD next, not a priority at the moment but hey..

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
the first song I heard from the Blue album did NOT have Ringo an the Drums
what song was it

I think you mean 'Back in the USSR', it starts disc 2 of the blue album and is the first track from the 1968 'White Album'.
Starr temporariliy left the band at this stage, returning after a couple of weeks (there were a lot of tensions in this period of Beatles history). He wrote 'Octopus' Garden' in his absense.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
It was the first song from the RED album("Love Me Do") that didn't feature on drums.Producer George Martins wasn't exactly 100% sure of Starr's abilities yet,so he had a session man named Andy White play the drums on the widely more commonly heard version.I think Ringo played drums on the "Please Please Me" album version.In similar fashion,George Harrsion did lead guitar on the "Let It Be" single,but it was John Lennon who provided the service on the Phil Spector produced LP version.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online